Chapter 11: My First "Kill"

I woke in the morning in an unfamiliar bed. Pain in my back, it was more sore with the stitches. I got up, the pain stinging every time I took a step. I opened the door, the smell of pancakes, bacon, and fresh fruit filled the air. I walked through the hallway, making my way to the kitchen.

 “Ah, Good Morning! How are you feeling?” Jason asked in a cheerful mood, he was obviously a morning person.

 “Fine, a little sore.” I replied.

 “I’m sure you are, I’ll give you a small dose this morning, it won’t make you drowsy like last night. Are you hungry?” He asked. I nodded as my stomach growled, I hadn’t eaten a full meal since the accident happened. The thought of the accident made me feel sick again.

“Actually, I should get going. Thank you so much for everything” I said.

“No, sit. I insist. No one every leaves my house hungry, do they James?” He asked James.

 “They sure don’t. I’m always full whenever I stay at Dad’s” He said, laughing. I inhaled my food, it was so good. I wasn’t sure if the food was actually that good or if it was because I was so hungry. After breakfast I thanked them for everything and made my way out. I checked my phone, Trevor had called me. I called him back.

Trevor: Hello?

Hey. You called?

Trevor: Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that we’re not at the hotel anymore. Were staying over at Aunt Gina’s house.

Alright, I’m on my way.

Trevor: Ok, but come prepared. Olivia is pissed at you. I’m not sure why. But she’s been acting weird since last night.

I’ll talk to her when I get there.

Trevor: Alright, see you soon.

I hung up the phone and got in my truck. I made my way over to Aunt Gina’s. Aunt Gina was Mom’s younger sister, she was my favorite aunt. When I got there, I could smell Aunt Gina making food, she was always baking. The smell of it make me sick, I was so full from breakfast. Aunt Gina welcomed me with a hug, my back stinging when she did. Trevor made his way over to me.

“Hey, can we talk?” He said. We walked outside into the backyard.

 “What’s up?” I asked.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for what I said back at the hotel. I didn’t mean it, I was just so confused about everything.” I looked at him.

 “I know you were, we all were” Olivia came out.

“Are you okay?” I asked as she sat down by me. She did seem different, you could tell she was trying to hide something.

“Cody, I really needed you last night and you…” She was cut off by my phone ringing. I looked down to see who was calling. I didn’t recognize the number, but I knew who it was. It was Adam. I looked back up Olivia,

“I’m really sorry, I have to take this.” Her face looked disappointed.

“Hello?”

Adam: It’s Adam, meet me where I took you last night. We need to go over some things.

Fine. I’m on my way.

I hung up the phone.

“Are you really leaving? You just got here and I really need to talk to you” I’ve never lied to Olivia before. I trusted her with my life, I knew she felt the same. But right now, it felt as if I was loosing her trust.

“I’m sorry. I have to go.” I said as I walked by her. She grabbed my arm.

“Where are you going?” She asked.