Chapter 10

guYS THE STORY HIT FREAKING 1000 VIEWS (and also 100 votes bloody hell guys) it's not much but I'm literally so happy right now :-) thank you guys so so much for reading my story and enjoying and voting and everything else I love you guys sO MUCH <3 here's an early update (only one day omai) I'm happy :-)
---

When Seungcheol pulled him into his warm embrace, his heart melted. Where did the plan of not forgiving him go? Where did the plan to get over this dumb, pointless crush go? Out the window, of course.

It was he suddenly forgot how to breathe. Not the panic attack kind of lack of breath where he gets all cold and shivery, but the my-lungs-aren't-working kind of breath where his heart's pounding so hard it felt like it was going to rip out of chest. At that point in time, he didn't care if Seungcheol didn't love him, he didn't care if this whole thing was merely a one-sided crush.

Jeonghan snuggled into Seungcheol's jersey. Was it weird to say that he even like the way he smelled? He knew he looked like crap, his hair was sticking to his tear-stained cheeks, his nose was red and runny, and he was gasping between sobs like a fish out of water, but he didn't care. He was happy that Seungcheol bothered to come after him, he was delighted that Seungcheol cared about his feelings.

"Forgive me, please? She's a thing of the past, really!" The older boy pleaded, worried that Jeonghan would hold a grudge against him. How could he ever blame this cutie?

"I never blamed you. It's just me overthinking everything. I'm sorry for all this trouble, and I think you should go back for training before your coach finds out that you're late," He joked. Seungcheol looked at his watch and gasped.

"Shoot, I've gotta run before the coaches literally kill me. You sure you're okay?" It was sweet that he cared about Jeonghan so much. No one had ever did, except his mother maybe, but that was so long ago. The younger boy nodded and smiled at him, and he ran out of the toilet as fast as his legs could carry him.

"Remember to text me when you reach home!" Seungcheol shouted on the way out. He chuckled, how could I not fall for him? He stood up and brushed his clothes out, tucking in his uniform shirt, brushing his hair with his fingers and putting on his spectacles. He just couldn't stay mad at Seungcheol, and he'd probably never hate him. It wasn't possible.

---

Seungcheol sighed, I really hope he's okay. Throughout the entire training session, he couldn't help but feel guilty. He simply couldn't concentrate during practice, he found himself drifting off and thinking about Jeonghan a lot, wondering whether he reached home safely, wondering if he had his lunch yet. Thinking about him this much is probably unhealthy, he joked.

Throughout the entire session, he was unable to get his head in the game. Seungcheol couldn't dribble as well, he didn't take in the coaches' comments well, he didn't support the team well. Maybe I should've just gone home.

During their 10-minute break, Wonwoo came up and slung his arm around his shoulder. "Yah! You're so out of it today, not listening to coaches' instructions. You're normally not like that, what's wrong?" Seungcheol shook his head.

"Just didn't sleep well last night, and the lessons today basically fried my brain," He came up with an excuse on the spot. He couldn't possibly tell his teammate that his mind was filled with this one boy. Everything about him made Seungcheol's knees go weak. The delicate way he talked, the way he tucked his fringe behind his ears every few minutes or so, the way he was so adorably nervous whenever there was skinship between them.

"If you're not feeling well, tell the coaches ok? We don't need a casualty on the field," Wonwoo joked, before running to grab his water bottle and gather at the table with the rest of the boys. He didn't deserve to be the captain of this team. His standard has dropped so much since the stupid injury, and he can't even concentrate during trainings. He picked up his bags, deciding to go home instead of disrupting the rest of his teammates.