Lost and Found

A/N: Hey everyone! First off, I'm so, so sorry this one is so late, I've had a bad case of writers block and I've also been very busy but that's no excuse, so here it is! All original HP content belongs to the amazing J.K Rowling. Thanks for all the support as always. enjoy xx

I looked in the mirror . I was wearing a plain black dress with a silver necklace. I smiled again at the thought of that ring. I cannot believe it. Severus is going to propose! We were all going to the museum of art soon. Severus was sitting in the living room with Desmond, trying to learn how to use a PlayStation. Severus and Desmond had really gotten along lately. You felt guilty about seeing the ring, so you pretended that nothing happened. You would still be overjoyed when the time came. You felt a familiar pair of arms slither around your waist. Long, delicate fingers curled around you. You smile and place your own hands over his.

"You're brother said we'll be leaving soon" he said kissing your cheek. Wait, leaving?

"Leaving? Where are we going?" you so him. He shakes his head.

"No idea" he said. Desmond knocked on the door.

"Come in" you said as Severus let go of you. Desmond came in jingling his car keys in his hand.

"I'm afraid we are going to have to go on a little adventure, to find the lost Damien" he says, not pleased. You roll your eyes. I put my arms around Severus' and retort.

"But we're on holidays! I shouldn't have to go looking for an angry brat that had a temper tantrum" Desmond looks straight at me.

"We haven't seen him in two days, and that brat his your brother, no matter how childish he is acting" You feel guilty and grab your car keys.

"You go look around that district he lives in, and we will go check out the pier" Desmond nods in acceptance of your plan. He leaves the room, yelling for his wife to join him. I look at Severus and shake my head.

"I am so sorry that this is going on, I didn't mean to ruin this for us" I say looking at the ground. He kisses my forehead and pulls my chin up.

"Let's go find your brother" He smiles and grabs my hand.

"I can even drive" he says, with his voice dripping with sarcasm. I smile and playfully punch his arm.

"Yeah, that'll be the day" I open the door and leave the room, with Severus following close behind. I see Arno hanging around outside with pitiful eyes.

"Ok, boy you can come with us" You go downstairs with Severus and Arno following you.

"Mom! Where's Arno's leash?" You say entering the kitchen. She's not there. You spot the leash on a hook and grab it. You look around for your mom, but to no avail. You walk out the front door and see her sitting on the front porch, looking towards the road.

"Please find him , (Y/N)" she asks, on the verge of tears. I hug her shoulders and kiss her head.

"We will, don't worry" I look at her one last time. I hate that Damien does this to her. He has absolutely no regard for anyone but himself. You open the back car door and let Arno in. You put the leash on him and shut the door. You and Severus get in the front and you start the engine. You put down the window slightly for Arno and reverse out of the driveway. You spot some glass in the grass from the accident and shake your head, what is Damien doing? You do worry about him but he is at the age where he should be able to make the right choices, hell he reached that age ten years ago!

"(Y/N), don't worry, we'll find him" he says warmly, placing his hand over yours.

"Thanks, but its not the 'finding' part I am worried about, it's what state we will find him in" Severus nodded, the kind of nod that he understands, like he's done this before.

You reverse into the street and see Elise and Desmond drive away. You angrily shift gears and forward.

"(Y/N), you need to calm down. I know you're worried about Damien but I can practically see you seeing red" Severus said, with concern in his eyes. I sighed and grabbed his hand, which was much larger than your own. He happily held your free hand while your other was on the wheel. You suddenly felt a sharp pain in your stomach. It felt like you stomach had just flipped. You didn't want to concern Severus even more so you didn't acknowledge it, besides it was only for a moment. You ignore the pain and drive to the turn off for the pier. The sun was setting and was sending orange light rays through the air. You park near the end of the road and get out of the car. Severus follows you and closes the door behind him. You open the door for Arno as he runs along the wood on the pier. Severus wraps his arm around mine and walks with me. I decide to call out for Damien in case he's here someone.

"Damien! Damien!" I yell out. No response. I repeat myself again, and again with no response. I sigh and continue walking with Severus.

"The sun looks so beautiful" Severus comments. You look up. You had been so caught up trying to find Damien that you hadn't even noticed your beautiful surroundings. You smile and look at the sunset blending in with the seawater. You smile and lead Severus down the pier walk. You sit at the edge of the old timber and Severus sits next to you. You rest your head on his shoulder. He runs his hand through your hair and kisses your forehead. Just then you felt the sharp pain again, but worse. You grab your stomach and grimace.

"What's wrong?" Severus looks at you and puts his hand on your stomach.

"It's nothing" I lied and he knew it.

"(Y/N) I know you're lying" He retorts. I open my mouth to defend myself when I hear my phone ring. Severus tells you to answer it and you hit 'Accept' on your phone.

"(Y/N) We found him" says Desmond, in a rushed voice.

"Ok, good whe-" Desmond cut you off.

"(Y/N) he's hurt! The ambulance paramedics are here and they don't know if he's going to make it" he's voice quickly changed to panicked.

"Wait what?! Where are you?" I start to panic and stand up. Severus supports me and stands up. Damien tells me to get to St. Helens Hospital now. I run towards the car.

"Arno!" You yell for your dog and see him running towards you. You let him go through your drivers seat and get in. Severus looks at you, you look back with blurred vision.