Chapter 12

"So where do you want to go for lunch?" I say as we walk towards the elevator.

"Hmm I'm not sure. There's a really good pizza place around the corner, but there's also a good Chinese place that's close too."

"Can we get pizza?"

"Yeah, uh sure."

I can tell he's still kind of uncomfortable around me. I would be too; I mean his roommate kissed me, who wouldn't be mad? We get into the elevator and I say, "Jeff are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine," he replies, while fidgeting with his jacket zipper.

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know," he takes a deep breath in and continues, "I'm just so mad at Dylan. Like yes he didn't know we were dating but he did know that I like you. I just can't believe he would do something like that."

"Yeah it was really weird. I have no idea how to act around him now," I say as we walk out of the elevator and onto the street.

"Let's not talk about this now. I just want to enjoy an afternoon with my girlfriend and not have to worry about Dylan."

I smile at him calling me his girlfriend and say, "I agree, let's just enjoy this." My hand accidentally brushes up against his and he grabs it, interlocking our fingers. "So how much further is this pizza place? I thought you said it was right around the corner."

"Well it's not exactly right around the corner, but it's at the end of this block." We walk for another minute when the restaurant quickly appears. We walk inside and are greeted by a beautiful aroma of pizza.

We walk up to the counter and start looking at a menu when Jeff says, "what do you want?"

"I think I'll get a deep dish slice."

"Yeah I'm gonna get that too, it's my favorite."

The guy at the counter looks at us and says, "Hi, how can I help you?"

"Hi can we get three slices of deep-dish pizza?" Jeff asks.

"To stay or to go?"

"To stay," Jeff says, pulling out his wallet.

Jeff pays for the food and the man says, "you can sit anywhere, your food will be out in a few minutes."

I say, "Okay thank you," and we head over to a table against the wall. "Sorry I forgot my wallet, but I can pay you back for the food."

"You don't need to do that, I like paying for you, I guess I'm just old fashioned."

"Okay but you have to let me pay for myself every once in a while."

"Of course."

Just as I'm about to speak again I am interrupted by a high-pitched scream. "AHHH OH MY GOD IT'S JEFF BLIM!"

I look to my right and see the owner of the scream, a young girl who can't be any older than fourteen. She runs over to our table and says, "OH MY GOD HI! MY NAME IS KATIE! CAN I TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU?" She's practically shouting in his face.

"Uhh sure. It's always nice to meet a Starkid fan."

The girl turns to me and says, "The slut can take our picture."

What the hell is this girl doing? "Uh excuse me I don't know who you think you are but I'm not a slut."

"You don't deserve to be with him. I do."