"oh, thank god." Serin could barely say, as she felt her neck trying to fix the damage. "I can barely move."

Gaius didn't respond, as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a gun. Serins eyes widened when she saw it, "G-gaius why-why do you have that?" Her voice shook, as it lowered in terror. "gaius?"

He shook his head sadly, and stood once again. "I'm sorry."

Hearing those words, caused Serin to try to move, scream anything to stop what was about to happen. But she couldn't, she couldn't. Tears slowly started leaving her eyes, "G-gaius please, p-please don't."

He shook his head, his troubled eyes meeting hers. "I've no choice."

He lifted the gun, Serin shook her head, "No, nononono. GAIUS!"

Her scream was followed by the sound of a gun going off, the birds flew from the trees. The silence was bone chilling.

Gaius shaking hand covered his mouth to keep him from screaming. Taking deep breaths, he turned his gaze away from the blood that slowly slid down her forehead from where he shot her.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled his cell-phone and dialed three. Lifting it to his ear, he started pulling off his gloves, after tossing the gun aside. "Cleo, it's done tell the others."

He looked over his shoulder at the still corps, "Hurry, we have to move fast." He lowered the phone hanging up, he trudged back over to the car and started the cleanup process.

POV Switch.

The smell of the wind was sweet, at first I wasn't sure it was wind I was smelling. It was as if I was awakening from long dream. A terrifying one, filled with screams of pain from people with terrible expressions of pain.

Slowly, I opened my eyes only to see the roof of a car. Sitting up, I looked out the window. It felt like I was inside clouds, the grey sky swirled around me. The tree's outside rustled from the angry wind.

I jerked my eyes to the front door when it opened, Gaius put his head inside. His metallic eyes met mine, "Ah, you're awake." He gave me a once over, "Does you head hurt?"

I slowly shook my head, "Where are we?"

He didn't answer instead, his nodded outside. "Come out, we need to talk." With that, he pulled his head back out of the car and walked off.

Quickly I reached down, and grabbed what I assumed were my shoes. Pulling on the black converses, I tied them before exiting the car.

I was surprised, we were parked on the side of the highway. The view of the hilly landscape below spread far and wide. Looking up, I realized we were actually on a mountain. The wind blew my hair into my eyes blocking my vision.

"Serin?"

Hearing my name, I stopped observing my surroundings and went to his side.

Gaius sat, on what looked a wall of stones stacking on top of one another. His eyes looking into the distance. I took a seat next to him, stuffing my hands into my pocket.

"How much do you remember?"

The question took me aback. My heart slowed suddenly as well, remember? Was I supposed to remember something?

"Remember, did I forget something?" I asked, pulling hair away from my lips again.

He looked at me hard, before he turned his gaze back to the view. "That Ryan kid, has he been trouble lately?"

I shrugged, "I've mainly avoided him these three years after my episode at the café," I scoffed, "Why? He graduated way before me to, should I go find him and make him my first victim?" I jokingly asked.

Gaius lowered his head and his back started shuddering. Concerned I placed a hand on it, "Are you okay?"

He lifted his head and threw his arms around me pulling me close. Confused I awkwardly allowed this, slowly patting his back. "Are we—Are we okay here?"

He chuckled after a few minutes, and lifted his head using the pad of his thumb to wipe away tears. "phew, sure are." He suddenly frowned, and pointed a finger at me. "You better not tell Cleo about this."

I raised my hand, giving him an innocent look. "I wouldn't dare."

He nodded, finished whipping away the proof of his soft heart. He patted me on the shoulder, "So how does it feel going to the city?"

I shrugged, "Well, It shouldn't be too bad. I still can't believe Anaea let me have her shop."

Gaius chuckled, "You're a Yorin." And then he leaned over, "Plus it's easier to keep an eye on her baby, when she know where she is."

"Shut-up." I groaned, slapping him on the shoulder. "And here I thought you guys were giving me some space, to mature...literally."

Gaius gave me a once over, that caused me shift and avoid his gaze. "Well, you no longer appear eighteen, you look more like you're in your twenties."

Happy at his assessment I faced him, "Right! I can't wait to look my age again."

Gaius frowned, "That doesn't mean you can date," His chest puffed up, "That's why dad sent me."

"Ouch."

Gaius winced from where Serin hit him, "I don't need a baby sitter, and do I have to remind you. I am now 28."

"And I've twenty-six since the Napolean war." Gaius rebutted.

Serin narrowed her eyes at him, before with a shot of frustration she got up. "Are we leaving or not?!"

He laughed, quickly hopping up and followed her to the car. "Are don't be sour baby sister."

He dodged another swipe from her, only to frown when she stuck her tongue at him before getting in the car.

n>y�6���i