Chapter 4

"I don't know why we can't go together?" Serin whined, the sun was slowly setting as her bags were put into the car. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, "You're not canceling on me again, are you?"

"No, I'm not, it's just a quick thing with the rouges. Look, I swear I'll be right behind you." Ryan, took her hand into his, "I promise, I'll be there no later than eleven."

She stared at him her brow furrowed before with a huff, she snatched her hands from his. "You better, or I swear I'm going to make you pay with your body."

She tossed saucy look over her shoulder, "Every inch of it."

He wolf whistled as he watched her get in the car, letting his smile drop. He hadn't been expecting to have a group rouges attack so suddenly. Ryan was suspicious as to what had led to their sudden attack.

Turning away, he quickly got into his car and headed out.

**

To get to the Cabin, took at least four hours. It was hidden upon the mountainous border of North Carolina.

Serin, had long finished the book she'd brought. She leaned on her hand, as she flicked through pictures of flower on her tablet. She blew a raspberry, when she realized she was and bored and thirsty she leaned forward and opened the mini-bar that was installed in the Limo. Grabbing a bottle of water, she quickly removed the top and drank deeply. "At least I could relieve one of my annoyances." She muttered aloud.

Setting the water bottle down, she looked out at the scenery. The night sky, was filled with stars but the moon that was half-round appeared cold in the sky.

She let annoyed moan, when a large truck pulled up alongside the limo. "Ugh, just my luck." She snatched her tablet up from next to her and went back to looking at flowers.

Focused on the flowers, she didn't notice the bright lights behind her from another truck. She didn't think anything of it, until she jerked forward from the slam in the back of the Limo. Trying to regain her posture, she jerked forward once again when Truck slammed the limo again.

"Thomas!" She cried out, only to widen her eyes in shock when she saw his figure bent forward over the steering wheel.

The Limo jerked right, and left before it started to spin. Serin tried to use her speed but from not eating, she didn't have the necessary energy. Grabbing her belt, she closed her eyes as she felt the limo continue to spin out of control.

She felt it slam into the guard rail, it didn't move for minute. She slowly opened her eyes, only to see the bright lights as a Truck headed straight for the Limo. She barely had time to scream when she felt her neck snap, and back crack as the Limo was slammed over the edge and rolled down the side of the small hill.

Smoke flew into the air, from the wreckage was the smell of fire slowly climbed the side of the limo. The door suddenly flew off, slamming into a tree some distance away. A form coughed, as it crawled from the car.

Serin felt her skin cut along the glass that covered the ground, her arm weakly carried her. Finally freeing herself from the car, she rolled over. Groggily she stared up at the dark sky that was lit up by the fire.

Hearing something crunch against the branches, her sense trained on it. Only for her eyes to widen in surprise.

When she met familiar eyes that looked like a mixture of metals. "g-gaius?"

His expression was dark, as he looked over the scene before he walked closer to her. He knelt down, and pressed a hand to her shoulder. "Everything okay."