Chapter 11

Gavril stared down at the pretty female whose expression had gone completely blank when he'd spoke his last question. He had to admit it gave him a great opportunity to observe her lips. She was pretty with her pink lips, dark skin and short hair she seemed almost like a kitten.

Her eyes were large, and he could see when her thought process started moving. Her lips worked, before she spoke. "W-well okay, so I may have found some nearly beaten to death guy in an alley way, but—but, is it illegal to save a person's life?" Her eyes narrowed in suspicion, "And who are you anyway?!"

She lifted the card in her hand, "Van inc? You're not even a cop!" she tossed his card down, and glared at him. "What makes you thinks its okay to go around scaring people to death, with intrusive questions?!"

She rummaged in her purse and jerked out her keys, "God! Nowhere else could some nut job, come and investigate a person's actions."

She turned her back to him, giving him a beautiful sight of her rear-end. He bit his lip, as she slightly shook it as she tried to open the door. "ugh, this door is always a struggle." She half grumbled, and muttered.

Gavril lowered his head, he was feeling the urge to hunt, and it wasn't exactly for a paranormal being. He couldn't help thinking that getting to know the flower store owner would help him in his search for the killer.

Moving forward, he felt her tense when he pressed his chest against her back. "Let me help you with that." He took the keys from her hands, he leaned forward so his breath brushed her ears. "Now New York does have its share of crazy people, but I assure you I have the full authority," He twisted hard, causing the door to buck before it opened. He leaned closer to her, "To inquire into your life."

He pulled back, as she turned around. He resisted picking her up, and dragging her into her store when he saw the red blush that tainted her cheeks.

"Hrm, well thank you and...um, bye." She snatched the keys from his hand and rushed inside slamming the door behind her.

Gavril smirked this was going to be fun.

**

Leaning against the door, I breathed harshly. My eyes wide, I tried to figure out what was wrong with my body. Something was familiar about my reaction to the fake cop. I just couldn't pull the memory forward. After a minute I rubbed my forehead, as it started to ache.

Pushing off the door, and walking upstairs I laid my purse on my desk. Grabbing a bottle of water out of the little fridge that sat in the corner of my office I quickly opened it and took a sip. And digging in my purse I pulled out the little bottle that held my tablets.

Shaking out two, I quickly took them. Gaius had harped on and on about how my supplements would keep my headaches at bay, but I was really bad about keeping up with taking them.

Setting my bottle down, I wondered what I was going to do about that fake cop. He was definitely going to continue looking into the 'murder' of those three criminals. Walking over to my window, I looked down and luckily he wasn't there.

Sighing in relief, I turned and picked my cell phone that started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey! You're not still angry right?" He sounded sorry, "I really did forget to tell you, she showed right before you got home and well—the whole three killed kind of took all my attention."

I rolled my eyes, turning away from the window and leaning against it. "No, I'm not still angry," He let out relieved breath, "But I still wish you guys would let me stretch my winds a little bit. I mean, I'm not a baby."

"Hah, well you try telling Anaea and Felix that, and see how they react. Personally I am okay with you having as much as you want."

"Lies!" A voice cut across, I pulled the phone from my ear to glare at it. Before I pulled it back, "Cleo?"

"Sure is." The sound of something crunching interrupted, "Gaius is such an old timer with his rotary phones all over the house."

"It's vintage." Gaius snapped, "Get off the phone."

"Nope." Cleo chuckled, "I've some things I want to say."

Gaius groaned at that, but he let Cleo continue. "I know you guys would've preferred me to stay in South Carolina but let's be real. It's boring without you guys there, and I need some excitement in life. So I'm going to hang around for a few months, but I don't have any intention of being a bother there are some people I'd like to catch up with here."

"And who would that be?" I asked curious at the idea of Cleo having friends to catch with, honestly she was pretty cool but anyone who'd be considered her friend had to be special.

"Scorzzi, Luke Scrozzi he was very close friend of mine in the past..."

"Oh god," Gaius cut her off groaning. "You know you're supposed to be trying keep a low profile. The Scrorzzi's are the last people you need to be involved with...especially Luke."

"You just don't like him because he shot you." Cleo grumbled.

Sighing, knowing that the two would start arguing again I quickly cut in. "Okay! The Scorzzi's are?"

Gaius answered, "Well...how do I explain this?"

Cleo cleared her throat, "The Scorzzi vampires are the vampires that you naturally think about. You know—drinking blood, world weary and seductive. Mostly cold blooded, and they don't de-age when they become vampires. Most of them are from the old European sect."

"And Cleo started some wild affair with the son and daughter of the family." Gaius added.

My eye widened, "The brother and sister?!"

"What can I say...drugs," Cleo said nonchalantly. "Anyway, I just want to catch up with Lucian, Diana has gotten together with some Spaniard."

"You would have looked into her relationship status." Gaius muttered under his breath.

Seeing that I'd been on phone for thirty minutes, I figured now would be a good time to hang up. "Okay, guys I'm going to hang up, and get back to work. This place has to open on time tomorrow."

"Oh, okay well see you when you get home." Gaius said before he hung up.

"If you just wanted us to shut up, you could say so." Cleo snapped before she hung up.

Giving my cell an annoyed look, I placed it back on the table and got ready to go over my mail and account books.

?pZ;