NÎNÊTÊÊN

Michael Clifford

Shit shit shit shit shit shit.

What had Michael done.

His father was showing no emotion. This scared Michael. Whenever his father had that look, it meant that he was just thinking of the absolute worst way to react.

Michael's hand found its way to Luke's.

"Michael-" His father started, but Luke interrupted him.

"Listen, Mr Clifford, I understand that this is a big deal and you may be homophobic," Luke squeezed Michael's hand. It made Michael feel a little better. Only a little. "But could you please just not be, excuse my language, a little bitch about it? Because if you end up kicking Michael out of his own house I swear to God-"

"Young man, who said I wasn't going to accept him?"

Michael's heart stopped. Like gaped.

"Are you saying that...that you..." Michael just stated as his father stood up and made his way over to his son.

"Michael," he placed his hands on Michael's shoulders. That was the first time in a long time that his father did any form of physical contact. "You are my son and I love you no matter what you do or who you love."

Michael felt his eyebrows furrow in confusion, but his watering eyes and his forming smile made him feel like it used to before his mother died. Back when the money didn't matter. Back when he was actually a father.

"Are you serious?" Michael's voice wobbled. He was crying. But he was crying because of happiness. He hadn't done that since he got his first dog.

His father enveloped him in a hug, which made Michael realize that his father was also crying.

"I'm sorry for not being the father you deserve," he mumbled into Michael's shoulder. Michael just hugged him tighter in reply. He couldn't believe this. It was his father. He had his father back.

They let go after a few minutes, and Michael just looked at his father and simply said, "I love you, dad."

"I love you more, Michael," His father hugged him one last time before his phone started to ring.

There it goes.

"I have to answer that, but," He looked at Luke, who quickly wiped his eyes as he noticed Michael's father looking at him. "I am happy that Michael found someone willing to stand up for him. He deserves that."

Luke just nodded.

They said their goodbyes, and soon enough Michael and Luke were sitting in Luke's car in silence.

"That was so unexpected," Luke broke the silence.

"You're telling me," Michael laughed. "Were you crying?"

"Shut up, it was beautiful," Luke placed a hand on Michael's. "It was like I was watching a Hallmark movie or something."

"I didn't know he was still in there somewhere."

"Who?"

"My old dad," Michael's voice got quiet. "Before my mom died."

Hey so I decided not to do the cliche thing and make his dad be all homophobic

Yeah I just made a little bit deeper of a plot lol oops

But hey I love every single one of you for actually reading this shit like we are all Muke trash

Also calum will be back shortly don't worry I didn't forget about CASHTON

:3