TËN

Luke Hemmings

"Cal, I-I can explain," Luke tried to ignore the lingering feeling of Ashton's lips on his as he watched his best friend look at him like he was trash. Just looking at Calum's expression was sucking the life out of Luke. Calum had been his best friend since as long as he could remember, and yet now he was looking at him with a disgusted look on his face.

"No, no, I think I get it," Calum laughed humorlessly, not even walking anywhere near where Luke and Ashton were standing. "My best friend since pre school is a faggot and he didn't even tell me."

"I mean, judging by your reaction he had a reason not to tell you," Ashton awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "Just saying."

"This is just ridiculous," Calum started to walk towards to Luke, who's life felt like it was crumbling from beneath him. "All those times I got girls to go out with you... Jesus, I could've went on a date with them. But no, I wanted to be a good friend."

"Cal, please, stop -" Luke felt his voice waver, but before he could really tell, Calum cut him off.

"I can't believe you wouldn't tell me this," Calum was closer to Luke now. Luke's heart was beating so fast it felt like it wasn't beating at all. He never wanted this to happen. He never wanted Calum to react this way.

He could feel himself loosing his best friend as the seconds raced by.

"I was going to when I was ready, you need to understand that it's not like telling someone what you had for breakfast this morning," Luke tried to sound confident and okay, like he wasn't at all effected by what Calum was saying.
Like what Calum was saying didn't feel like a million gunshots to the chest. He felt like his lungs were caving in.

"I'm not - I don't care, Luke," Calum turned and headed to the door, but paused a few feet away. "You know, I thought that we were close enough for you to be able to tell me something like this."

"Cal..." Luke's voice cracked; his bottom lip quivered involuntarily.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, dammit, don't cry.

"Don't," Calum opened the door, causing the cool air of new autumn to send chills through Luke's body. "Just...don't."

Calum slammed the door behind him, leaving Luke standing with Ashton. But even with Ashton there, Luke still felt alone.

So alone.

Michael Clifford

Michael's phone rang at 2AM.

"Ash, why are you calling me at -"

"MICHAEL GORDON I HAVE A PROBLEM."

"Obviously, no one should be up this early," Michael groaned, plopping his head back on his pillow.

"OKAy so I was working right and I saw this rEALLY cute guy with a cute nose and so I gave him my number and his friend asked me if I could drive him home so I did because he was cute right but when we got to his house I asked him if he wanted to make out so he invited me in his house so then there we are having a great make out session and BOOM -" Michael jumped at the sudden change in volume. "-his friend walks in and he doesn't know he's gay right so he's being a fucktard and I tried to help but I think I made it worse and -"

"Whoa, whoa, Ash slow down," Michael closed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. "So you went to a guy's house and made out with him and his homophobic friend ruined it?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"You need to learn how to not talk that much at 2AM," Michael then felt like he had to pee.

Ugh, Ashton, this is your fault.

"Yeah, but, Mikey, he was so fucking adorable like his nose and he has such pretty blue eyes and -"

"Was he possibly blonde and really broad with a lip ring?" Michael didn't need to pee anymore. If Ashton had made out with Luke -

"Exactly, do you know him?"

"I need to sleep, Ash, g'night," Michael then hung up. He felt a little bit bad about doing that to pretty much his only friend, but from what Ashton had told him, Luke wasn't really on the best terms with his closest friend either.

He doubted Luke was awake, but he decided to message him anyway. Thinking about what he had just heard made him sick to his stomach.

Princess:
hey, are you okay?

Lucas:
What do you mean, Princess?

Princess:
im friends with ashton

It took a few minutes for him to respond.

Lucas:
I'd rather not talk about this over text message.

Princess:
oh

Lucas:
I'll meet you at the park tomorrow.

aye wusup homedogs so this was so cringey to write like jesus calum what a fucking dickhead like i was offended for luke like bro what's ur problem chill kiwi chill