Chapter 7 << Goodbyes

Dakota's P.O.V

The car was sitting in the group home's drive way. Everything was just as I'd left it. The lights were all off and everyone was sound asleep. This was the part of the night that I was afraid of. I had hoped that I'd never have to come back to this place. I wanted every moment with Justin to last an eternity. But now I guess it was  time to say our goodbyes.

Justin played with the items on his key chain, I could see that he was avoiding the situation as well. I hated goodbyes, they sucked. In addition to that, I wasn't any good at them. Seeing as every person that I ever got close to just decided to get up and leave, I never even got a shot at it.

So if you couldn't already guess, formal goodbyes weren't my strong suit.

I pressed the release button on my seat belt and picked up my bag of candy. As I was about to open the door, Justin's arm reached across and stopped me. He leaned over onto his elbows which rested on the center console between us.

"What? No goodbye Ms.Blakely?" He questioned. I pursed my lips and avoided eye contact. Well This was awkward.

"I-I hate goodbyes, figured there was no point," I shrugged. Justin's comical facial expression fell and his index finger lifted my chin.

"Goodbyes are like closing doors or ending chapters. And with every door that closes, another one opens. Just as with every chapter that ends, another begins." He cooed.

"B-but what if I don't want this chapter to end? It's barely begun" I whispered. Justin sighed and got out of the car. Once he opened my door I stepped out.

"I'll walk you to you're door?" He asked. It was clear he was avoiding my previous question. But in someway he was also answering it.

We walked up the drive way in silence, when we reached the door step we stood there awkwardly. I stared at Justin, though, he seemed to've taken a sudden interest in his shoes.

"Justin . . . please," I begged.

"Dakota, what do you want me to say? You know I can't promise you that we'll meet again. I don't want you waiting on me, plus we barely know a thing about one another. How do I know that can I trust you? What we did tonight can't ever happen again, and you know that." He said while removing a piece of sightly dampened hair from my face. I nodded my head. I knew the events that happened tonight were a one time thing. I could potentially get him in a lot of trouble. My new identity to Justin was jailbait. As to why he wouldn't trust me, I somewhat understand that too. I'd lied non-stop since the day I met him, plus he's witnessed me stealing. I mean even now, he still has no ideal that this I my group home.

"I know I can't ask you to make that promise, b-but at least come back for me some day? I may not be old enough right now, but I will be" I cried.

Gently whipping away my fallen tears, Justin placed a chaste kiss on my forehead. He smiled down at me and pulled me in for a hug. I clung to him for that final time and utter a quiet goodbye.

"Goodbye gorgeous, I'll be seeing you." He waved as he retreated back to his car. I waited from him to pull off before I went back around the house. Climbing back up to my window, I threw my bag in first. My body followed. Once I was inside I slid my pants off and laid down in bed. I pushed the fabric of the shirt Justin had given me to my nose. I still smelled like him. His scent was intoxicating, it aided me in my sleep.

I'll never forget tonight Justin, plz don't forget about me . . .