His smile was wicked. "I'm going to shower. Why don't you watch a bit of TV. See what's been going on in the world the last four days. Watch a bit of Friends."

I grabbed a pillow off the bed and threw it but he'd already dashed into the bathroom. Grumbling to myself, I switched the TV on and glared out the window. I was Christian's obligation in life I wasn't one of his... playthings.

Then it hit me. I was mad because I was one of his playthings. I was his protégé, he could control every aspect in my life if he damn well wanted to. He turned me. And back when I first knew him, I absolutely hated that fact. In fact, I hated him. I probably stopped hating him when he saved me from that dark pit I put myself in after I turned. Maybe a part of me... still... h-

The bathroom door opened and I glanced over my shoulder. There he was strolling back with his clothes in his hand and a white towel around his waist. He didn't even look at me, he simply put his clothes on the chair and grabbed his backpack. He turned and I had to shake my head so I wouldn't admire the muscles on his back. Backs are so underrated.

I tried and failed not to think about the kiss but I couldn't. I pressed my hand to my mouth and sighed angrily. Couldn't it have been avoided? Maybe Kate would have said something in her note...

Kate's note.

He must not have read it yet; I remember him putting it in his pocket. I jumped over the bed and grabbed his shorts. The note was blank aside from twelve numbers and one sentence: "212 5984 45674. Beside the bed."

I frowned at first and then my heart dropped. My eyes grazed over to the bedside table at the phone. The shower was still running so I had time. I dialled the numbers like a mad woman. It didn't even ring twice before I heard her familiar voice, "We have about ten minutes before Christian comes out of the shower. He's definitely shook up over that kiss, probably just as much as you."

Just hearing her voice made me relax. "Thank God you're okay, Kate I've been worried sick about you and Cal. How's Cal is he okay-?"

"Honestly, we're great. This hotel's great and Cal, Joe and I are on the beach."

"What, the beach? That's so unfair, you know me and Chris have been running away from these goons for three whole days? I'm exhausted. And you're not using a cell phone are you? Christian said they'll be tracking those."

"It's one of those throw away ones, can't be tracked, it's fine. Anyway, did you completely miss what I just said? I saw that man suck the soul out of you about an hour ago, called that hotel and told them to give you that note. How are you feeling?"

An hour ago? "So you didn't anticipate this? You didn't see this coming a few days ago?"

"My visions have been changing nonstop the past few days. Feisal's getting smart and then confused by where you're going. They're still in town but your hotel's safe. Trust me Chels. Anyway, seven minutes. Tell me how was it? Good kisser? Looked like you enjoyed it, to be honest."

"Kate..." I groaned. "Don't."

"You like the guy don't you?"

"No, no I don't. No, he's... we're friends now."

"Yeah I know. You guys have been getting pretty damn close it's kind of sweet."

I winced. "Why are you watching us so closely, maybe you should lay off a bit."

"See you want me to stop watching you, maybe I will for tonight. I already know nothing's going on for the next twenty-four hours. Didn't I tell you Christian wasn't such a bad guy? Just... misunderstood. To be fair to you, I didn't pay attention to any of your talks, it seemed too intimate to intrude on."