"We can't just sweep this under the rug," Andrea said.

"She's right," I said. "It's not right, not remotely."

There was a pause as the doors rattled the chains that held them together, obviously the walkers were hungry. And right outside their doorstep was a main course of hopeful people with side-dishes of crazy.

"We've either gotta go in there," Shane started, gaining everyone's attention by going to the front of the group. "We've got to make things right or we've just got to go."

I didn't want to go.

"And where exactly would we go?" I asked, stepping forward and flicking some hair away from my mouth.

He said his hat back on his bald head, breathing out heavily. "We have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go," Rick interjected, throwing an arm out in front of Shane.

"Why, Rick? Why?"

I felt Carol step beside me, and I saw from the corner of my eye her worried expression. Her arms unravelled from holding herself before she spoke, "Because my daughter's still out there."

I could sense everyone's stomach turn at the mother pining for her daughter's return.

There was always something about hope that made me feel sick.

I could see clearly that Shane was going to say something stupid. He put his hands up to cup his chin and he let out an exasperated sigh. "Okay," he started, looking to Carol. He lowered his hands. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the possibil-"

"No, no, no," I interrupted looking into his eyes. "Shut the hell up. We are not leaving her behind."

I knew everyone had their eyes on me.

An angry Daryl stepped beside me, brushing my shoulder with his own. "I'm close to finding this girl," he spat at Shane. "I just found her damn doll a few days ago."

I noticed the way he said 'I'm' instead of 'we'. I could tell he had made a promise of some sorts - maybe even only with himself, that he would find Sophia.

"You founder her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane annunciated.

I rolled my eyes, turning fully to my side so that Daryl could walk forward and get his opinion in. That was I wouldn't fly to the ground if he started throwing punches - but I'd doubt he'd do that, truthfully.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking 'bout!" Daryl yelled, throwing his arm out only to be stopped by Rick's.

Rick was trying to calm the situation down when the only real way to do that was for him to have a discussion with his friend. If I were in his position, I would not have brought the whole group to discuss it. Too many opinions, too many clashing personalities and not enough clarity.

But how could I speak in leading people when I'd have probably driven the group into the ground if I were in charge.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said," Shane yelled louder. Whilst trying to be hushed by his friend, constantly trying to get his word in but there was no stopping Shane's verbal diarrhea. "You get a good lead in the first forty-eight hours."

"Shane, stop!" Rick reached for his shoulder but he only turned around with a smile on his face.

"Let me tell you something else, man." We all cautiously watched the conversation unfold. Anger radiated off Daryl and if looks could kill then Shane would be dead a thousand times over. Everyone watched Shane talk and I kept my eyes on Daryl. Shane was pushing all the right buttons for possible detonation. "If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears 'round your neck she would run in the other direction!"