[24]: get out

My eyes widened slightly as a burst of light darted across the screen. I figured that must have been a bullet.

"God," Carol gasped, "What was that?"

"They were shot," I confirmed. I turned on my heels to look at Jenner.

He turned away from my gaze. "Vi, power down the main screen and work stations." He ordered. Vi repeated his orders and followed them. The room got eerily darker. The group stood in their places, looking to Jenner for any more answers.

"You have no idea what it is, do you?" Andrea spoke, sounding annoyed. Jenner looked to his shoes, thinking slowly of his answer.

"It could be microbial, viral, parasitic, fungal." He listed.

Jacqui then interupted with a shaky voice, "Or the wrath of God."

"There is that."

We all looked at him in disbelief. This was the guy who was supposed to give us hope, and yet, he had the least. This is who we've had the answers in the hands of. Some dismal, tall, monotone-like-his-computer-wife-dude.

"Somebody must know something. Somebody somewhere." Andrea questioned, desperate for answers.

"I've been in the dark for almost a month," Jenner said, turning to Rick.

"So it's not just here," Andrea said. "There's nothing left anywhere? Nothing? That's what you're really saying."

Jenner didn't say a thing, and yet his silence answered that question.

"Man, I'm gonna get shit-faced drunk again," Daryl muttered, bringing his hands up to his hair.

I was then considering getting drunk again. There's obviously not anything left. There's no tommorow, so why remember today?

"Dr Jenner, I know this has been taxing for you, and I hate to ask one more question," Dale began, "but... that clock. It's counting down. What happens at zero?"

Worry washed over me. Nothing good was going to come out of that clock hitting zero, for sure. Even more reason to get drunk.

"The basement generators... they run out of fuel," he quickly explained.

What did that mean? They run out, and then there will be no more power. I suppose this place was getting more useless as the seconds went by.

"Then what?" Rick asked. Jenner continued to walk away. "Hey!" he ordered. Rick glanced up at the ceiling. "Vi?" he asked. "What happens when the power runs out?"

"When the power runs out, facility-wide decontamination will occur," Vi replied.

So what? They spit soaps on us?

Rick retreated off somewhere with Shane. Glenn, and T-Dog. The rest of us started going back to our rooms.

I didn't know what everyone else was doing but I immediatly started packing my bag. The power was running out, which meant we can't stay here. Obviously. We would be living in a dark dismal shell.

After packing my things, I walked down the hallway, and stopped at a door. It was Daryl's.

"Why aren't you packing?" I asked him. He was sitting there with a whisky bottle in his hands. The whisky bottle that I was cuddling up to this morning.

He turned to look at me. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me like he was judging me. Like he was assessing what my next move would be.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked confusedly. He didn't answer me, he just turned his back to me.