C.3- The Explanation

**************************************Alice’sP.O.V*****************************************

    I don’t know where I am, or what time it is. All I know is that it’s dark, I’m tightly wound by rope, and I’m very late for the movie. Oh...and I still don’t have my photos. “Waea am amickie!”  a deep voice yells. I about jump out of my skin. I feel a pair of hands untie the bandana over my eyes, as it falls to my neck. I open my eyes to find I’m sitting around a fire, tied to a chair, surrounded by indians. I look up to see who I assume is the chief staring at me angrily. “Um..who are you?..” I ask tentatively. The chief speaks up in a loud voice. “I am the Head Chief of the Blue Moon tribe, You have been trespassing, and with a dangerous threat!” His voice was so loud I felt the ground shake beneath me. “I...didn’t mean too..I was just trying to get my pictures..” I tell him in a shaking voice. I inwardly scold myself for sounding so weak. Dangerous threat? How was girl as white as snow with a camera and a pudgy dog names Rolo, a threat?

    “Pictures were found, of the wolves. Miss McCarte’..” His deep voice booms.

“How is that a threat? and ho-how do you know my name?”

    “How do you know about the wolves?” He fires back.

“They’re wolves. They are animals..Most people know about them!” I scream. Was he serious? The chief whispers something in their language and someone reties the bandana around my eyes, once again blocking my vision.

     “We will see you tomorrow..Alice.”

*******************************************Carter’sP.O.V***********************************

      I pull up in front of her house at exactly 9:30. Like she said. I pull out my phone and text her.

    I’M HERE. C’MON OUT.

I press send and wait. I see Rolo in the yard and open my door to pet him. “Hey Buddy, who’s a good boy?” He yips loudly and puts his paws on my legs. I pet him some more and check my phone. No text from Alice. Maybe I should just go in and get her, I hope Alicia isn’t home. I knock on the door and her older brother Alex opens it. “Oh hi Carter, are you looking for Alice?” he asks politely, two cans of Sierra Mist in his hands. I nod quickly, and he opens the door widely letting me in. “She should be up in her room, go on up.”

     I run up the steps and notice her bedroom door closed, I knock on it quietly and receive no answer. “Alice? err, are you in there?”

*******************************************Alice’sP.O.V************************************

      It’s dark. And now I’m cold. And I’m still stuck to this stupid chair! Are they crazy? Obviously yes, or else I wouldn’t be here...tied to a chair! I mean yeah, sure I was on their reservation and wasn’t supposed to be, But that gives them no reason to tie me up like an animal!. I rub my wrists back and forth against the rough rope and try to slip them out. I unsuccessfully do so, but do exceed in making my wrists bleed. I have to get out of here. Carter is probably freaking out waiting for me! I start tipping my chair back and forth...back...forth..back...for--”Whoa!” I fall on my face. In the dirt. What’d they do? Leave me in their yard? I manage to slide the bandana off my eyes and onto my mouth. I look up to see I’m not in a yard, but a teepee. Great...

*******************************************Riley’sP.O.V*********************************

I hear the chief coming and quickly shift back into my human form. I watch as he goes into a teepee with his counselors. What are they doing visiting pack members this late? There haven’t been any rogue sightings lately. My Beta Xavier would’ve alerted me verbally or through our mind link. I start walking closer to the teepee and can barely make out their voices. “She IS a threat! She has taken pictures of our very Alpha! She knows our secret. She will not return home and let the world know!” the chief’s loud voice booms. Alice? Is he talking about Alice? he has to be. No other pale face has come to our reservation and taken pictures. And wait..return home? Where is she now? Did he hurt her? My wolf growls, unhappily at the thought of anyone harming our mate. I silence him, when I hear the next voice speak. “She cannot possibly know about the pack! we have been secret for ages! And you think one 16 year old girl could uncover it?”The chief's voice sounds again this time, much angrier, “That 16 year old girl has a little something called a camera, and a knack for sneaking in. She must be kept captive!” Captive? I can’t help myself any longer. I burst in.“She is 15, and my Mate! I demand you tell me where she is!” I yell, anger coating my words like sticky syrup. The chief looks a taken back, but quickly recovers. “Riley..How dare you talk to your elder like that..” He says defiantly.