C.1-Alice! Move it!

"Alice! Let's go! School starts in 5 minutes, and I will not be lectured by your principle again!" Ughhh. I throw my photos on my floor, taking one last look before I do. The wolf in the picture stares back at me with an intense gaze. If I only I could stay here and take more photos. I know, it seems silly. What is their to photograph? the dusty dirt road of Madras? Well if you lived with your older step brother and his abusive wife, you'd undertand. And besides, This one wolf has been showing up in my pictures by the indian reservation a lot lately. I'm hoping I'll be able to better shots on the actual reservation.

"ALICE!" Alicia shouts, warning. I grab my book bag off my chair and and take the stairs two at a time.

"There you are you little brat. Let's go. You're late." she says shoving me through the threshold. Her dark sunglasses against her spray-tanned orange skin make a scary contrast as her acrylic nails wedge themselves into the skin of my shoulder blade. I hop into her VOLVO and put my earphones in. "Dirty Paws" my Monters and Men start making it's way through my mind. The lyrics never really made since to me, but I like it anyway.

The car comes to an abrupt stop and Alicia pushes my door open from across the car. "Whaa-what are you doing? this is even farther then where you usually drop me off!" I say in disbelief. Alicia doesn't like taking me all the way so I walk the other half. But now, we're way closer to my house then we are my school.

"I have a hair appointment and I'm already late, so You're getting out now." She gives me a plastic smile and waves "Byee!" And the she speeds off. I stand there for about 10 minutes before I process what just happened and start walking. The hot sun above me makes me move slower and I feel as if I'm breathing in dust. I adjust my book bag and get out my beat up flip and dial Carter's number. He doesn't answer. Great. Just great. Some friend he is..

I start walking and am just about to turn on a street leading to Keen Bean when I see a wolf. But not just any wolf, The wolf. From my pictures. I quickly flip open my book bag and fumble trying to find my camera. I snap a shot right before he runs off.

~

The school bell rings and I bolt. Finally the end of the  day. I hate school, but I hate home too so I really just look forward to getting pictures. At my locker Carter comes up. "Hey," He says leaning up against my lock so I can't open it. "Hey." I say glaring at him. "Why didn't you answer your cell this morning, 'Mommy Dearest' left me to be eaten my birds and rabid beasts." He laughs moving out of the way as I shoo him. "Sorry, I had an early assignment due," He says making his bright blue eyes go all "Puppy dog".

"Uhhh huh." I say digging through my locker for my bag.

"How the heck do you carry that thing, it must weigh a million pounds" says Carter eyeing the load on my shoulder. "It is not. " I say rolling my eyes and heading toward the exit. "Hey wait up!" He says stopping me by the arm. "Wanna hang out today? I have nothing to do whatsoever now that all my assignments are turned in," He sasy pouting.

"I highly doubt that, and I can't anyway. I'm busy." I tell him truthfully.

"Busy? Doing what? chores around the house for Alicia?"

"No. Okay, a little, but no. I'm taking pictures by the indian reservation." He looks at me like I suggested we go rob a bank wering bikinis.

"The indian reservation? Are you crazy if you get even close to the Rainbow Market you'll get jumped."

"I'm not going to the Rainbow Market! I'm going to be near the village area, calm down" I tell him walking down the dirt road that leads to my street.

"Ahhh Alicee," He whines. Rubbing his hands through his hair. Laughing I say, "I'll be fine Carter."