XV: Secrets

"Things are sometimes hidden.. In return there are consequences.. Thus ripple effect.."

XV: Secrets

Loveless and broken hearted.

That's how I started my morning the day after I said "oh Dice ".

I fucked up I thought.

I felt hollow and empty deep inside but I still went out for the day.

I drove to the hospital for my monthly shots of the medicine fighting the SLE.

The insides of my car screams silence.

I tried calling Gena but it always ends up in her voice mail. Damn. I must have hurt her so much.

I turned on the radio to set aside the gloomy mood. I heard this song of the Script that induces more longing (No Good in Goodbyes), I wonder if all of this longing inside is a curse from waking up surviving the coma.

Fifteen minutes later I arrived at the hospital. A familiar scent greeted me.

I walked towards that special room where all the miracle shots will be performed. I instantly saw Dr. Marshaw when I entered the room.

"Good morning Mr. Summers. Ready for the shots today?"

"Yeah." I answered bluntly looking at every corner at the room not sure as to whom I was looking for.

"Okay then, let us start the session. Cecile get me those shots so we can continue this miracle."

The doctor called out the nurse and half smiling at me while preparing my arm for a possible vein to puncture.

"So.. how's everything Rolf? any side effects from the sessions?" he asked still half smiling me. Weird.

"None so far."

"Good. It's a good sign that your body has been responding well to the treatment."

"Yup. It had been a good year doc." I smirked.

"And it's great that the miracle serums are in incredible number for you to use until the illness is totally gone, and by the miracles that has been happening to you it's not that far to reach"

"Yeah. About that, what medical company is responsible for all for this? I mean I have to thank them for giving my life another chance doc "

I realised that it has been a year since the treatment and I have never thanked the persons responsible for all of this.

"That I cannot point out Rolf. It was regulated as a classified detail. Don't worry though they are well updated about your whole situation. And this might hurt a little "

"Ow.."

He dove a bigger sized needle in my arm to make an IV line. It hurts a little.  Suddenly I remembered Dice when we were ten years old when she accompanied me the first time to my doctor's appointment. She kept asking questions.

Where is she?

*****

The session took almost an hour and I felt a little dizzy so I stayed at my seat dor a while to steady myself.

The nurse  brought me water to drink and it quenched my thirst.

I was  about to go out the room when suddenly someone from the outside pulled the door and bumped unto me.

"Watch it dude."  I said slighlty annoyed hurting my arm.

"I'm sorry man."

The guy's voice seemed familiar that I looked directly at him.