III: Afterlife

Hey guys! This will be a very short chapter. So savor the main character's childhood and enjoy!

Nine in the morning. Dice was still asleep. She was so tired of yesterday's practice she almost forgot she has an appointment with Rolf.

"Dice! You're gonna be late! Wake up already!" John calls out.

"Dad it's saturday! I need more sleep!"

"Exactly! Saturday! I thought you and Rolf have an appointment today!" John shouted from thier living room, bringing Dice to life.

"Oh my god! It's nine dad why didn't you wake me! Paradise started to rattle realizing she was already late and that Rolf might have been waiting for her.

"Thanks dad for waking me up!" John murmured. Thirty minutes later, a dark SUV had parked outside thier house, now honking.

"Dice! Mrs. Summers is here! Come on down!" John exclaimed again.

"I'm coming dad! Coming!"

"I'm so sorry Andria, she's usually early" John turned to Andria.

"It's okay Mr. Heathers, children.. They do sleeping stuffs and besides Rolf was just looking for her."

"Rolf's still having high fevers?

"Yeah.. But good thing seizures don't occur these days"*sighs.. High grade fevers, seizures and covulsions are some of the illnesses that Rolf is experiencing for the past three months now, good thing Paradise was just a relief away.

"I'm here dad, sorry Mrs. Summers.. Where's Rolf?

"In the car Dice. He was just looking for you.."

"See you later dad.. Bye.."

"Okay.. You take care of Rolf.."

"We'll go ahead John"

"Okay bye.."

Rolf was just happy he met Dice. He thought he could make through anything with her.

"Are you ready for another round of needles sticking unto you?" Dice curiously asked in the back seat.

"Yeah. It's okay, it's not gonna hurt.." Rolf said bravely.

They arrived at the hospital and went inside. The doctor was just in to see Rolf.

"Hello Mrs. Summers.. Good morning Rolf..how are you doing? The doctor gave an assuring smile,like welcoming and safe.

"I'm feeling fine " Rolf answered.

"Excuse me doc.. but I hope you don't hurt my bestfriend so much.. you know.. sticking needles and stuff" Dice interrupted sheepishly. The doctor
shifted his attention to Dice.

"And you brought a friend Rolf.. what is your name young lady?"

"I'm Dice.. and I'm not just his friend.. I am THE bestfriend "

Dice said emphasizing the term.
The rest of the day went well. Rolf seemed to be inspired by his bestfriend's presence that he managed to be strong all throughout the different tests.

And Dice, at a very young age learns to admire what had become of her new friend.

"Rolf.. I'm just here. You can hold my hand if you want to " Dice offered.

"Thank you for coming Dice " Rolf squeezes Dice's hand and bravely faced the tests.

1..2..3...

What happens next is going to be unforgettable...

*****

This chapter is much shorter. I know it's kind of draggy.. but patience my lil chrillians for the next chapters will be exciting as fireworks.. I hope you stay tuned as Dice and Rolf grows up.. Thank you and hang
tight..

Lovies...
Imping