Worry about it Tomorrow

Sock's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked. "It doesn't really matter when I do it. You'll have to keep coming around until I do." Kent chuckled. "I'm good. Now go do whatever you do when you aren't with me." He said pulling out random pill bottles.
I nodded. "I'll see you later then."

With that, I left to Jonathan's house.
I had originally decided that I would only visit Kent on weekends, but to make the job go faster, I visited him every night before me and Jonathan had dinner. After about two weeks of pestering, he decided today would be the day he "punch his own ticket."

Now I had two more people to torment. Once I was done with them, I'd be able to talk and hang out with Jonathan without the whole "kill yourself" comments. Not like I told him those anymore.

I smiled thinking about Jonathan. I haven't slept at my old house since our first kiss, and I stayed with him every weekend. I had basically moved in.

Once I floated through his house, I could smell his cooking. "Hey." I said sitting on the counter. He turned around and grinned. "Hey red head. Hungry?" "Starving." I replied. He was making spaghetti. Something we both haven't had in awhile. "Wanna watch a movie? Or do you have homework?" I asked him. "I have very little homework that I can finish quickly." He said. "So chill with me upstairs while I finish that, and we'll watch a horror film."
"Sounds like a plan." I could feel a smile growing on my face.

I grabbed sodas as Jonathan got our food.  Once we were upstairs, I plopped on his bed and ate quietly so he could study. When I had finished, I laid down and Jonathan had started putting his books away. "So how about that movie?" I asked. He stared at me for a second and then began to crawl on the bed towards me.

He took my beanie off and ran his fingers through my hair. It was soothing. "Why do you always do that?" I whispered looking into his eyes. He kissed me forehead, then my nose, and finally my lips. "Because." He said softly. "It's one of your insecurities, and one of my favorite qualities about you."

I could feel my face heat up. I ran my thumb over his cheek and pulled his face down. His kiss was so gentle, and every time we kissed, I could feel myself falling in love with him even more. He lifted me up and sat me in his lap. I broke the kiss smiling and I could feel myself blushing. "Sock. I'm in love with you." He said in a serious tone as his own smile fell. "I just- I want you to know that." He said quietly.

I could feel my heart beat twice as fast. This was the first time he had ever said it back to me. It had been a few weeks since we had our first kiss, and I had told him multiple times I loved him. I felt special having him finally say it back. I could feel my smile grow even more, and I hugged him. "I love you Jonathan." I whispered. He pulled me closer into his chest. His scent was so peaceful.

"Huh. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." said a familiar voice. We both yanked out heads to see a more than usual, pale Kent. "What are you doing here?" I asked getting up from Jonathan. "I thought I was the only person who could see you." Kent said tauntingly. Jonathan stood up in front of me.

"Who are you?" He asked.
"Your new demon." Kent said. His green eyes flashed red for a second before returning to their original color. I got off the bed. "What do you mean his new demon?" I asked threateningly. "Nothing happens to Jonathan when I accomplish my task on two more people."

"That's true but so far you've only succeeded with one." He smiled pointing at himself. "I've talked to Meph already. I didn't kill myself to become a fucking alphabetizer for eternity. He gave me the job of becoming your partner. So while you get two more people to kick the bucket, I get to work on Jonathan." He explained. "Wait." I said "That's not-"

"So what you're saying is you threw a little hissy fit to get out of the last job, and now you're going to annoy me like Sock once did?" Jonathan asked cutting me off. "Precisely." Kent said sitting crisscrossed in the air. "I'll avoid falling for you. Although I'll admit, I see why Sock did." He said looking Jonathan up and down. I could practically see him undressing him with his eyes.

"Last time I checked. Demons get off at 5:00." I said gritting my teeth. I didn't realize I had my fists clenched too. "That's true. I just thought I'd introduce myself before tomorrow. I wanted to see where you would always run off to when you weren't with me." He said smirking. "I'll be on my way now. Continue with your make out session." 

I watched him levitate out of the ceiling. There was no way I'd let him hurt Jonathan, let alone fall for him.
"I need to go." I told Jonathan. I grabbed my beanie, but Jonathan grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest. "You aren't leaving me." He said flatly. "Jonathan I'm not letting anyone near you." I said. "He's not-"

Jonathan cut me off by kissing me. He pulled my beanie off and began to leave little kisses on my nose, cheeks, and forehead. Finally, he gave me one last kiss on my neck that left me breathless before pulling away. "You aren't leaving me." He said in the same flat tone. I could feel little tingles around the places he kissed. "All right." I said quietly. "Worry about it tomorrow." He said pulling me in between his legs. He nuzzled his head in my neck. "You smell nice." He said. I gently ran my fingers over the spot on my neck he left a kiss on. "Thank you."

My stomach knotted. What if Kent did something to Jonathan? What if Jonathan actually decided to kill himself? I couldn't lose him. Not like that. Jonathan had so much to live for. He meant the world to me. If I were to lose him, I'd want it to be the right way. I would want him to die knowing he lived a happy life, not choosing to take it. Kent wasn't going to take him from me. I wouldn't let him.

I sighed and leaned into him. I'd worry about it tomorrow. "How about that movie?" Jonathan asked. "Sounds good" I smiled.