Chapter 1: The Day He Lost it All

The shine of the moon shone down on the unsuspecting kingdom, giving off the feeling of peacefulness and security. Everyone was happy in the foretold Kingdom, magic was seen everywhere and it's citizens lived peacefully, much like the Druid race, and dragons roamed free, unbound from all of their worries. The people of this Kingdom were all held together by the royal family of Ambrosius, who ruled their people with fairness and love. Even the young prince, who is only ten summers, will on occasion dress as a citizen and go into the town to buy from his future subjects. The King, Balinor Ambrosius, had raised his only child with respect for all people and things but also the ability to be perceptive of people's needs and the wiseness that the child will one day need to be the king his citizens deserves and the Dragonlord that the great race of dragons deserved. 

Whilst a hidden army crept upon the unsuspecting Kingdom of Larean, the delighted squeals of a young boy could be heard through out the castle at the late hour as his father chased him around the large chambers and his mother sat on the bed, rubbing her abdomen with love and care before sighing. "Merlin, Balinor! Come on, I really do have important information to share and I can hardly to that while the two of you run around like mad men." Queen Hunith had scolded the two who had stopped what they were doing and went over to sit next to her. "Yes, alright love, what was it you wanted to share?" The King asked and Prince Merlin had pipped up as well. "Yeah mommy, what is it?" The young boy asked in curiosity. 

"Merlin, Balinor. I am with a child." Hunith had stated quietly and Balinor stared at his wife with happiness in eye's and Merlin Looked up at his mother with pure joy. "I want a brother mommy!!! Where is he!!" Merlin shouted with glee and his mother and father smiled with amusement at their young son. "Merlin, he is in my stomach right now." Hunith giggled at her young son. 

Merlin looked at his mother's stomach then up at her face. "You ate him?" He whispered and the king roared with laughter. "No, Merlin I didn't eat him. He must grow there until he is strong enough to live out here, with me and you." Hunith explained to her young son, who looked instantly relieved. "Oh. I'll see you soon brother." Merlin whispered and Balinor looked at him. "Son, it may not be a brother, it could very well be a sister." Balinor explained and Merlin thought for a moment before shaking his head. "No Daddy. it's definitely a boy. I know it because I want it to be so it is so." The King raised a single eyebrow at his son before grabbing the prince by his waist and throwing him on the bed, ensuing in a tickle fight that the King was sure to win. 

"Daddy! No.... Stop it...." Merlin gasped between giggles and shrieks of joy. The King, of course, had no intention of quitting his relentless tickling until one of the Knights burst through the large doors. "My Liege! An Army has taken the town! We can't stop it, you and your family must leave the kingdom immediately, the army was cloaked and we couldn't detect them until it was to late." The Knight announced and the King rose and looked to his wife. "Hunith, take Merlin and go. Don't look back. I will find you when it's safe." King Balinor told his love who nodded and started gathering the necessities that her and her son needed to survive. 

"William!" The King shouted and Will, Merlin's manservant rushed in. "Yes Sire!" He said and bowed. "You are to assist Merlin and Hunith. Go with them and protect them." The King commanded and Will nodded. The boy was only three summers older than Merlin. 

Finally the King turned to his son. "Merlin, my son. Take this sword and go protect your mother and unborn sibling, understand?" The King asked and merlin nodded, taking up the large sword that the King had handed him. "This sword is named is Destinies Song, it is said to truly belong to a great king and sorcerer of the Ambrosius blood line. I pass it on to you, in hopes that you are the one true holder of this powerful sword, forged in the breath of the Dragon Kilgharra long ago. It will assist you to full fill the great destiny that has been set upon your shoulders since before even my own birth. Go now son. Live to make me proud." Balinor gently nudged his young son to his manservant and mother and watched as the trio disappeared into the night. 

The king hoped beyond hope that the words the druids have spoken upon the Prince's birth was so. 

Merlin was the last hope for Albion now.