Chapter 11

"Phoenix!" I heard someone yell as they ran up behind me. I sighed in frustration, "What do you want?" I asked as I turned around and saw James and "Dakota?" "Hi Phoenix." "Wait you two know each other?" We both nodded to James. "Okay?" "Wait how do you two know each other?" James and Dakota looked at each other, "James is my twice removed cousin, and I'm from out of town so I'm staying with his family for the time being." I nodded in understanding as the bell started to ring. "I'll see you later Dakota!" I told her walking off to my gym class as James trailed behind me. I looked behind me and laughed. "You don't have to be scared of me. I'm not going to bite." "You promise?" James asked smiling at me, making me blush, "Cross my heart.". We both laughed walking into gym class.

I went into the locker room to go change into my gym clothes. Once everyone was back into the gym again, our gym teacher told us that we would be playing dodgeball (again). We got split into separate teams, boys vs. girls. I looked at James and saw him mouthing the words: Your mine I'm going to get you. Then I mouthed back: Only if you can catch me. "Go!" our coach yelled everyone ran ahead to grab a ball. I stayed in the back and grabbed balls that had already been thrown. I threw a ball to James and he dived out of its way. He then picked up the ball and threw it at me, but it was coming in slow motion, so I calmly stepped out of its way and smirked at him. I then picked up the ball and threw it at him, but I watched as he used super speed to run towards me. I ended up in front of me with shock in his eyes. "Did you see that?" "Yeah I did." "But how? I was moving so fast how did you see me?" James asked me. "James get back on your own side!" Coach yelled.

As he walked back to his side, I noticed a drop in the temperature. I looked over and saw a girl named Katie getting pelted by balls. As I started to walk towards her an ice wall shot up in front of her, in order to protect herself from the balls. Everyone stooped and started in shock. I finally reached her and embraced her in a hug in order to comfort her. I turned my body so my back was towards the wall. "Katie. Can you put the ice wall down?" she locked at me and nodded. As soon as the wall was down, I felt the sting of dodge balls on my skin. I groaned at the pain, I wanted to run away so badly! But I fought my instinct in order to avoid what ever is going to happen to Katie. I was saved when the bell rang. I stood up as the principal entered and took Katie with him. I looked at James and walked over to him. He was concentrated on his hand and I saw that he had a little snowflake twirling around in his palm of his hand. "Meet me in the forest. Bring Dakota and tell her it's the forest we first meet in." He jumped started and nodded at me. "I will see you then." We shook hands and walked to the two different locker rooms, both thinking about what just happened.

In the locker room  there was a lot of chatter about a lot of different things. I tuned them out. As I grabbed my things Aspen stepped in my way. "You do know that James is mine right? I'm going to win him over and you are not to talk to him you understand?" "If I do what are you going to do about it?" She gave me a devilish smile and small green flame appeared on the tip of her finger. My eyes grew wide at what she could do. "It's fire and poison. I could easily poison anyone I wanted to, oh at set you on fire." She walked out as I started after her a little bit more afraid of her. I could all ways run away from her but not that much. I walked out of the school to find Piper, and then go find Caleb.