Chapter 2

Piper walks over and gasps as I look up at her, "Oh My God Phoenix, I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you that I have a date with Trevor today after school! Is that okay cause I can always cancel it." "No, no, it's fine I have to pick up Sean from school anyways." "Okay I'll see you tonight, and I am coming over to pick you up for tonight." "Okay bye" "Bye Phoenix." I sighed, I was filled with terrible grief, and I'm not sure why! I felt rejected, forgotten, hopeless, hated, and that no one loves me. I knew that this was my depression acting up again. I sighed standing up and got out of that prison as fast as I could. I started to skate home and I saw this guy running on the trail I was skating on.

I have like an hour to kill before I have to pick up my little brother Sean, and I'm bored, lonely, and I need someone to talk to, I might as well skate with him. "I don't mean to be creepy but can I ride next you while you run?" "Only if you can keep up." "I bet I can. My name is Phoenix by the way." I said extending the arm for a handshake. "I'm James" he said. That's when I realized that he was my crush from 9th grade! He has this dirty blond hair that's messy, but a cute messy. His eyes are a amazing green color he was overall beautiful, and I have been hardcore crushing for a while now. "Well nice meeting you James." "You to Phoenix." After saying goodbyes we parted ways, and I skated over to Sean's elementary school. I was so happy! I felt like I just found a missing part of me. But call it what you want but I think it's fate. "PHOENIX!!!" "SEAN!! How was school little man?" "It was awesome! We learned how to play dodgeball in PE." He said as I helped him put his skates on. "That's cool." I told him. "You ready to go?" "Yep."

When we got home I saw a black long sleeved lace type dress hanging in the little closet next to my bed. It kind of cute, considering I'm not a big fan of dresses and skirts. I slipped on the dress the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. The dress showed of my curvy body, I'm not that curvy just the right amount of curvy. I was to lazy to do anything with my short hair, so I just brushed it out and looked at myself in the mirror. I heard a knock downstairs and ran downstairs and answered the door, and there saw Piper rocking a short dark yellow dress "Wow." "Same to you." "Well... What are we waiting for lets go!" I laughed as she pulled my hand and we ran to her car. "When did you get the dress? I love it!" "I don't know it was just there when I got home." I told Piper. I saw her smirk when I told her that, "You got the dress!" "Well done Watson." We both laughed at our little inside joke.

I looked at Piper nervously as she pulled into the parking lot of the beach. "Where here! Get ready to socialize Phoenix!" I grimaced "Yah. I'm so excited." I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm. That made Piper flip her long, black hair and replay"it's all about confidence and sass." She tells me as she starts greeting kids I'd never seen before. When we finally got to the beach I saw Aspen before she even started walking over to us I got really nervous. We went over and Piper and Aspen exchanged greetings. As they were doing that I saw James.

James! Oh my gosh he's here! What do I do!? Take deep breathes, 1, 2, 3, in, out. Okay I'm good no- *splash* I looked down and saw something wet on my dress and I was so embarrassed! I felt my face get as red as a strawberry. I heard everyone laughing at me, so I looked to Piper with a pleading look for help. "Listen Phoenix, no one likes you. I'm giving Piper one chance to prove her worthiness to us. Piper you can either help your friend and become an outcast like her or kick her out of the party and stay with us." said Aspen this point this weird green fog was rolling in, if I wasn't in this situation I would have been intrigued by it. "Phoenix I'm giving a minute to leave this party right now!" said Piper. She looked me straight in the eye and her eyes were telling me that she didn't mean it. I know she didn't but it still hurt it cut extremely deep. "Fine." I said, "fine" said Piper, "fine" I whispered as I left, trying to hold back my tears.