Doctor, Doctor!

I put on my clean, long lab coat and walked out of my office. I walked towards the registration counter and asked for my list of patients for the day. I was handed my clipboard. I looked down the list. There it was, first on the list, ward B-26. I sighed as I began walking my way to my first check-up with my patient.

I walked down the hollowed corridor. The screams of patients greeted my presence. The sound of them struggling as they were forced to be chained to chairs. I turned away as I passed by a patient banging hard against the solid metal door, screaming for help. I turned the left corner and there it was, at the far end of the eerie corridor, ward B-26. I walked to the table in front of the room and picked up the usual syringe.

I could already hear the moaning and screaming from my patient. I peeped into the room through the small glass window on the door. She was curled up at the corner of the room. Her long, hazel brown hair was messed up. Eyes filled with tears. I cringed at the sound of the metal door creaking open. She was about to crawl her way to the door. Fear and horror flooded her face as she saw me. She turned around and looked behind her, muttering something that I could not catch. I slowly walked towards her, trying my best not to scare her. I gave her a gentle smile, which was soon replied with a high pitched scream. She scrambled to get onto her feet trying to escape. However, I managed to grab her by the arm then I injected the nerve-calming medication. She tried to put up a fight. She grabbed my hair and tried to push me away, but soon, she got less violent.

She was knocked out minutes later. I sighed and placed her onto the chair at the corner of the room. I walked to the table and began writing the update of the patients behaviors. Once I was done, I walked out of ward B-26. I wondered when will my day in this metal hospital ever be normal.