Chapter 15: Battle

Hiccup POV

Dragon eating habits were strange even after five years of them being around. I noticed Toothless had heard something "what is it bud?" then I heard it.

It sounded like something attacking we ran out to see if we could see anything. Surely enough there was an entire fleet of ships.

It was times like this that I missed Astrid most, she would tell me how she wished it could have been more of a challenge.

We had to fight and it wouldn't be easy, I jumped on Toothless' back and headed out by the time I got there I saw Merida, Ruff and Tuff, Jack, Rapunzel, Flynn Snotlout Heather and Fishlegs already there. Of course they would get captured by a madman.

We battled for a few minutes before Drago brought out a Bewilderbeast to battle ours,  if that one won he would become the new alpha over all the dragons.

Before long Drago's Bewilderbeast stabbed ours with his giant tusks killing it. I landed next to Drago who was telling it to try killing my parents.

"STOP!" I yelled to him, he laughed and I threw my helmet on the floor

"This is the great Dragon master, The son of Stoick the Vast, what shame he must feel" he teased as I motioned for Toothless to back off a little.

"All of this loss, and for what? To become unstoppable? To rule the world? Dragons, they, they are kind amazing creatures that can bring people together" I tried to convince him

"Or tear them apart" he interrupted taking off his prosthetic left arm "you see, I know what is to live in fear, to see my village burned, my family taken, but even as a boy left with nothing, I vowed to rise above the fear of dragons and liberate the people of this world" he finished.

I asked why he needed a dragon army "well, you need dragons to conquer other dragons" I saw right through him "or maybe you need dragons to conquer other people, to control those who follow you, and get rid of those who won't"

He gave a small laugh "Clever boy"

"The world wants peace and we have the answer back on Berk, just let me show you" I offered to show him that dragons could be kind but he turned it around.

"NO!" he yelled "let me show you" he finished before yelling at the Bewilderbeast and waving his big stick in the air telling it to come over. "no dragon can resist the Alpha's command, so he who controls the alpha, controls them all" he said making the Bewilderbeast take control of Toothless.

Toothless tried to fight it but eventually he lost and the Bewilderbeast had taken control of him. It told him something, I didn't know what he had been told but I knew it wasn't good I tried to get Toothless to snap out of it, he was aiming at me.

I saw dad running towards me "DAD NO!" I yelled before he pushed me out of the way.

I was on my hands and knees and as soon as I realised what had happened I stood up. I saw my dad covered in ice, I stumbled a little before running over.

I started pulling all the broken ice off of him as fast as I could, that was when we realised, it was too late, he was gone.