Blood

Blood was everywhere when I woke up. My mouth. My shirt. My hair. Even my shoes. And especially mothers fists. I didn't know where she was. I was just assuming because she was the one who did this to me. I woke up to a woman turned away for me sobbing. I asked with a croaky voice, "What's wrong?". The woman turned around and it was Ms. Brour. She ran out of the room and I heard her yell, "She's awake!". Then she came running back to the room with Mrs. Claire rushing behind her. They reminded me what happened and told me my mother was in jail. And will go to court for abusing me. I just nodded. I had tears in my eyes. I wanted to ask what will happen with me but they told me I needed to rest. When I opened my mouth they told me to stop. Ms. Brour left the room to get me a glass of water. Mrs. Claire sat down in a chair next to me and told me I was in the hospital. She gave me all the information I needed to know. First, she said, why I was in the hospital. Mother had broke my nose and nicked a couple of teeth. And she even knocked out a few! Plus, I had a bruise on my jaw and a cut from her wedding ring on my forehead. Then she told me where I was going to live. And who I was going to live with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sincerely, Melissa Lay