Chapter 6:

I woke up and felt extremely happy for some reason. I figured it was because Carter and I went on that date. I wasn't even sure if I liked him, though.
I decided to wear dark colored jeans, a black shirt, and a burgundy colored cardigan. I drove myself to school and slowly walked to my locker trying to keep a look out for Carter.
Instead I saw Jessica.

"Umm can I help you?" I asked with an attitude.

"Get away from Carter." She said

"Why should I? He doesn't like you anyways." I said smiling a little bit.

"Trust me. Get away from him." She said while flipping her long blonde hair and walking away from me.

I turned around and bumped into Carter's strong chest.

"Ow." I said massaging my forehead.
He chuckled and reached for my hand and walking me to my 1st block.

"Why'd you walk me. I'm a big girl, I can walk myself here." I said chucking.

"It's okay. My class isn't that far from here." He said then pecked my lips.
I smiled and turned around walking inside.
As the class began, I got a text from an unknown number telling me to go outside into the hallway.
"May I be excused from the class?" I asked Mrs. Jane, the teacher.

"Make it quick." She stated without looking at me.

I walked outside and looked around in the hallway trying to see what would happen. At the corner of my eye I saw Carter. I smiled thinking that he had a surprise for me. As I started getting closer I noticed that he was kissing someone who he said he didn't like.

Jessica Barker.

Tears started forming in my eyes and then the whole thing became a blur. My legs felt like jelly. I grew way to close to him, and I knew that I shouldn't have.
I wiped my eyes and ran away to the restroom.
The whole day I ignored Carter. I drove myself to work still ignoring him.
I walked to the kitchen putting on my apron, and from the corner of my eye I saw Carter moving towards me. He turned my head and kissed me, but I didn't kiss back. I turned my head back and walked to the cashier. As I was taking someone's order, Carter pulled me to the kitchen.

"You know I was busy right?" I said rolling my eyes.

"I don't care. What's wrong with you? You have been ignoring me the whole day." He said with a bit of anger.

"Good that was the point." I said crossing my arms.

"What did I do?" He asked grabbing my arms.

"I saw who you were kissing." I said with anger.

"Huh?" He asked,"Wait. You mean Jessica?" He asked

I nodded. "Unless you have been kissing other girls too."

"No Sabrina it wasn't like that. I love you and you know it." He said raising his eyebrows.

"And that's the thing. I told you to not fall in love with me." I said taking off my apron.

"Where are you going?" He asked pulling my arm.

"Home. I just want to get away from you." I said running out of the shop and to my car.
I got home, and ran straight up to my room. I jumped on my bed and immediately started crying.
I basically cried myself to sleep. I woke up around 7 in the morning and grabbed my iPhone. I squinted as I saw the bright screen on my phone. On my lockscreen, it showed 5 missed calls from Carter and around 30 messages from him.
I got up lazily from bed not minding the missed calls and text messages from him. I didn't even feel dressing up so much. I wore jeans, a tank top, an oversized sweater on top, and Ugg boots. I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth(I showered the night before) and once I was done with that, I walked downstairs grabbing a banana and walking outside towards my car.
As I was going to open my car I heard a voice calling my name. I wasn't going to turn around thinking it was Carter, but as the voice got closer, I realized it was a voice very familiar.
I turned around to see my ex, Zach. He was actually my first love, but he moved away once his mother got moved to Florida. We tried long distance but it just wasn't working out.
I ran towards him and jumped on him, which caused him to stumble but he didn't completely fall.

"What're you doing here?" I asked happily as he placed me back on the floor.

"Our family moved back to California. And I'm going back to Hughes High School!" He said smiling

"So do you need a ride?" I asked grinning.

"Sure." He said still smiling. He interlocked his fingers in mine which I didn't mind because it was cold outside and his hand was warm, and I just really missed him.
As we got in the car and I started driving, Zach asked me questions to catch up with me.

"So do you have a boyfriend?" He asked looking at me.

"Well I did, sort of. But then he cheated on me by kissing Jessica." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ew Jessica? As in Jessica Barker? Gross. But who was your boyfriend?" He asked still staring at me.

I huffed knowing he wasn't going to like my answer. "Carter." I said biting my lip.
There was silence.

"Carter. Carter Williams?" He asked.

"Yeah." That was all I managed to say knowing he was already mad. "Are you mad?" I asked.

He sighed. "No, I don't want to be mad at you, so let's just forget it." He said.

"Okay." I said while parking into the school parking lot.
We walked towards the school and he interlocked his fingers with mine again. Of course I still didn't mind.
He walked to the office to get his locker number, and his class schedule. I walked towards my locker to see someone I didn't want to see right now.
I rolled my eyes just unlocking my locker.

"I see your still mad." Carter said.

I didn't answer.

"Just say something, Sabrina." He asked pleading.

"Fine. I never ever want to talk to you again and let's just talk at work. Never talk to me at school." I said facing him to see sadness in his eyes.
I felt warmth all of a sudden. I looked to see Zach by my side, this time he put his arm around my waist.
"Williams. Nice to see you again." Zach said.

"Wish I can say the same thing to you, Bengus." Carter said.
Zach has never liked Carter. When I was a freshman, I had a crush on Carter, which drived Zach insane as he has liked me since we first met, in fifth grade. He always held a grudge against Carter. It's a shame for me to say, but I was the first girl to fall in his trap. He was my first kiss. Of course I didn't mind before, but the next day I heard that he started making out with other girls. Zach comforted me through everything. That's how I fell in love with him.
I met Zach at the coffee shop I'm working in today. I still remember his exact order when we were kids, which was hot chocolate with a hint of peppermint to give it "pizazz" as he said it.
Carter walked away, and I knew he was angry that Zach was back in town but maybe this was a sign.

"How about we ditch today?" Zach said facing me.

"Zach, it's your first day. I don't think you should." I said putting my head on his shoulder as we walked to his locker.

"No tomorrow is. The principal said he will let me settle in, so I can just come tomorrow." He said turning to face me.

"Okay, but only because your really adorable, and these classes bore me." I said as I locked are fingers together.

<><><><><><><>
Hello Lovelies!
I am really happy with this chapter since it is longer than usual. I hope you guys enjoyed it!
xoxo
Kristina💗✨