Chapter 14: Damn Uchiha's

Start from the beginning

"Persistent I see, however, persistence will get you killed." he said.

"Maybe in your eyes, but to me, it will bring me to my future."

"Are you sure?" he questioned.

"I'm sure of it..." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"A decision that will be no where good."

I scowled at the man before me and attached my chakra strings to the rest of my puppets. I then immediately hurled them towards him who was ready to counter every attack I was going to make. To fight up against an Uchiha, wasn't the best for me. With those eyes, he'll know which ones I'm about to use... I tend to put a little more chakra in the ones I use because the others doesn't have to, so all in all, I was struggling quite badly.

My puppets were closing in on the Uchiha and my body was a bit shaky.. I was afraid that this attack wasn't going to work due to it being fairly typical. But there was no way I could think of a way to fight him because I've never faced an Uchiha who had their Sharingan. Itachi stayed still, not moving an inch, I took a step back as if I were waiting for that bad move to happen any time now, and like I've said, it happened. He escaped the puppets' attempt to enclose him for a jump attack and he was running straight towards me. My eyes widen at him before I shut them closed, waiting for any type of impact that was to come.

I waited for about a minute before reopening my eyes. I didn't feel anything, not a single punch or a quick swipe with a foot to drop me down. Instead, I was unharmed with the man an inch away from where I stood. Afraid, I didn't dare look up at him. My eyes were frozen at his legs, my body was stiffened and still I shook. My hands were still up and connected to my puppets, but what good would it do if I move my puppets here? The man here can kill me if I make the slightest move.

"Are you afraid?" he asked.

Silence.

"What are you afraid of?" he continued. "Me? Not seeing your brother? Death? To live a shinobi life, is to forget the present and live in the past. Forget what lies in the present and do what one says, relive the past as if it were the present and never forget what happens."

"What of the future?" I asked quietly, still averting his gaze.

"What future?" he scoffed. "A future that repeats itself is hardly a future at all."

I then felt a hand onto my wrists, bringing them down. I then felt another hand underneath my chin, forcing me to look up. My eyes finally met his Mangekyou Sharingan, but he didn't put me under a genjutsu. He had deactivated them and just bored his eyes into mine.

"Rethink your life choices... some things aren't meant to be lingered for so long." he said before releasing my wrists. "Kisame, let's go, we're wasting our time here. We were supposed to kill them off quickly, and head back."

"But we didn't even get to finish our job." Kisame said as he blocked an attack from sensei.

"Let's. Go." Itachi said sternly.

"Fine, you win this time Leaf Shinobis'." Kisame sneered as he returned to Itachi's side.

Kisame eyed sensei as if he held a grudge against him of some sort while Itachi looked at me one last time before they disappeared out of our sights. My body finally relaxed after their departure and sat down on the ground. Sensei walked over to me and patted my back trying to give me some comfort, however, I swat his hand away, wanting to be alone for the time being. He seemed to get to get the message and walked away, probably to go and check on the ANBUs' who were in hiding.

I was silently loathing to myself, disliking the fact that I froze up in front of an enemy like that, and not only that, I couldn't even get myself to outplay him during our battle. He didn't even finish me off.. to have an enemy leave you like that is something that is far more than such a mere embarrassment, but it ruined my image. If this were to go out, I'll probably be a laughing stock. I need to train harder, get more knowledge on battle strategies and how to become more impenetrable. Something like this needs to be prevented, I won't let this situation occur again.

I stood up from my place and dusting my pants. I walked back over to the campsite and saw that sensei was slowly bringing the others back here. 

"We're going back to village, can you carry them with your puppets'?" he asked.

"Sure, let me just put away those I don't need."

I walked over to my puppets' and brought most of them back into my scroll, I then connected my strings to the remaining puppets' and grabbed our allies. Sensei was packing up all of our things and walked ahead of me when he was finished. I followed him close behind, not wanting to fall behind due to my mind drifting off from time to time. My mind was angry, blind, and unsatisfied. 

That Uchiha's words didn't help me at all, it was as if he was telling me that I should forget my motives and to find new purpose. However, there is no other purpose other than my brother, so his words are nothing but a distraction... possibly. No matter, I'll make him take back those words and show him how right I am, just like his little brother, I am on the right path and will always be correct. I just need more power..