Chapter 12: Make me forget

"The first night we met, it was the night of my anniversary with Josh. I went home to surprise him and I saw that he was already home. He would pull long days in the office and I thought he came home early because of our anniversary."

Pain shot through her chest as she recounted the events of that night. "When I got home, it was dark and I heard noises coming from the kitchen. I found him with another woman. We had so many memories in that kitchen, but he ruined them all because he had a woman sprawled on the counter with his pants around his ankles."

He pulled her to his chest and she welcomed the comfort. He was so warm and the hand on her back was soothing the hurt as her heart felt like it was breaking again. "The woman-her name is Alice and Josh has proposed to her. She wears the ring I had dreamed of wearing, he always said he did not have enough to purchase the ring and I believed him. I saved and saved, hoping that together we could buy that ring. I know it's silly to dream about a piece of jewellery but I really thought that if I wore a ring with his name, I would be happy-that we would be happy."

There was a lump in her throat, as her hot tears fell against his shirt. She felt like a child his arms, tucked against his chest as she bared her soul to him. He was such a good listener and as he circled his arms around her and shifted her legs to either side of him, she burrowed further into his warmth, searching and finding a place that was far away from her life, far away from the hurt that still pained her. Silently crying, she held on to him.

"Levingston has no idea what he has lost." Vincent's voice rumbled beneath her ear and she felt his hand come to rest on her nape. His fingers threaded through her hair and she sighed against him.

"Why are you so kind to me?" She whispered.

"What do you mean, love? I'm a gentleman, it's what we do." He said, his words amused.

Scoffing she said, "Not from what I've seen. You still haven't explained what you were doing in that alley."

"You're not going to that go are you?" Vincent said, his fingers pulling away and making the strand of her hair cascade down her back. His other hand had moved to rest on the exposed skin of her back and she felt the tips of his fingers slide under the fabric. She moved to tug the skirt of her dress that was stuck between them, but his hands stopped her movement. Pulling away she saw him grimace in pain. Had she hurt him? Was she too heavy? How long had she been resting against him? Concluding that she must be causing him discomfort, she sat in order to swing her legs off him but his fingers dug into her back and the hand at her nape closed into a fist. The action cause him to tug on her hair but where she expected pain, she was greeted by a jolt of desire.

"You have to stop doing that or I really won't be acting like a gentleman." His eyes were dark with desire. Realizing the true source of his grimace she coyly lower herself and felt the evidence of his discomfort. Boldly, she moved again, keeping her eyes on him as she did. His eyes flew open. His hands shifted to her bottom, and she felt him pull her forward and down. Her mouth opened in a silent gasp as she felt the full effect her movements.

The blanket was gone, laying in a heap beside the couch. The skirt of her dress hid what he was doing to her but one look at her face and it would be more than obvious that Vincent was being less than gentlemanly at the moment. Another gasp left her lips, her eyes closing when he ground her against him.

"So beautiful, the things I want to do to you, the highs I want to give to you." He murmured and she anchored herself against his shoulders as she felt his hands trail up her body and pull her down toward him. His teeth caught her lower lip and she groaned as sparks danced over her body. If she thought his touch was warm before, it was leaving a path of fire in its wake as he cupped her breasts and took possession of her lips.

Dream Vincent could never compare to the real thing.

"Don't stop," she gasped when he paused from nipping and suckling her lip.

"Are you sure?"

"Make me forget."

She felt his mouth curl up into a smile.

"With pleasure."

His fingers found the button at her nape and seconds later, her dress hug loose around her aching chest.

"Up," he commanded and she raised her arms above her head. Her dress joined the blanket on the floor and she was lifted and placed on the couch, Vincent hovering above her. Her legs were wrapped around his waist and went her lent her his weight, she sighed in pleasure.

"Kiss me," she ordered, using the same authoritative tone he employed. He noticed, watching her with lust-filled eyes and a smirk on his lips.

"Gladly."

Their lips met, their tongues fighting and desperate to taste the other.

"Ah, Vincent," she moaned when he began trailing kisses down her neck and along the curve of her breasts.

"Levingston will never hurt you again. No one will ever hurt you. You are mine now, and there is not one soul who would dare think to hurt you lest they suffer my wrath."

She felt her restraints crumble. He made her feel like a woman and the desire she felt for him was unparalleled with anything she felt before. She needed him-she wanted him. And she wanted him all to herself.

"Make me forget, Vincent." She repeated in an airy voice as he worried her lower lip. He gently bit down and she gasped, not in pain, in pleasure just as she had done when he inadvertently pulled on her hair. Taking the opportunity he moved his tongue against hers and she felt his chest rumble with a groan. His hands moved around to the clasp of her bra and she felt him pause.

"Don't stop." She urged. But his hands retreated and he pressed a gentle kiss against her swollen lips.

"You are so beautiful." Vincent said as he kissed between her breasts. She arched her back when the touch of his lips sent a pulse of desire to her core. Her fingers made quick work of his belt, but his hand covered hers.

"No, not here, let's go home. Where there is a bed and I can fully savour your body. I refuse to take you on a couch."

She felt herself blush. And allowed him to haphazardly pull the dress over her head. Once they were decent, he gripped her hand and rushed her out of the office. In record time they were pulling up to the gates of his house.

"Someone's eager," she teased, knowing damn well that if she had been behind the wheel, she too would have drove like a madman.

He gave her a rakish wink, "I am, and I'm not afraid to admit it, love. I knew living together would have its perks."

They were running up the steps of his house, both laughing at the image they made. Man and woman, hand in hand, both in mild states of disarray with a suggestive flush on their faces.

With a deep laugh, he kicked the door behind him as he pushed her back against the wood. The house was dark, but neither was rushing to flick the switch because his lips had found hers again and his hands delved to the heat between her legs.

"After tonight, the only person on your mind will be me." Vincent said and she hooked up leg around his waist, welcoming his fingers that were moving closer to where she desperate needed him. Her hands were in his hair, pulling and weaving through the black strands. His mouth found the sensitive spot on her neck and she threw her head back in ecstasy.

"Bedroom," she moaned.

"I really don't think that is a good idea. I'm not much of a voyeur and, to all our disappointments, I don't have time to join in on the fun."