Chapter 2

Seiko could not believe her fucking eyes.

Naomi Nakashima, her love interest, her best friend that went missing years ago, claiming to be killed, was standing right in front of her class.

Seiko didn't move, she was paralysed with too much shock.

Ms. Yui placed a hand on Naomi's shoulder. "I hope everyone gets along well with our new student, now, you can go take a seat at the the empty desk next to Shinohara" Ms. Yui said, pointing at the motionless Seiko, who was starting right at her feet.

Naomi's eyes widen, she bites her lip and stops breathing for a moment. "Nakashima? Are you okay? You look frightened" Ms. Yui said, rubbing her back. Naomi shuck herself out of her trance. "I-Indeed, Sensei, may I go to the bathroom?" She asked, with a bit of fright in her voice. Ms. Yui nodded.

"Go right ahead, Nakashima" And so, Naomi walked out of the classroom.

"Why? Why? Why didn't you tell me you were alive?" Seiko thought, still in a trance.

~~~

It was finally lunch break. Seiko had an emotionless face most of the day.

Sitting down at an old bench right at the back of the school where no one came, Seiko buried her face in her hands. "Fuck fuck fuck..." She mumbled, lightly digging get nails into her face.

Naomi slowly walked over to her, stopping in front of the girl.

Being a vampire, Seiko could sense her miles away. She slowly looked up from her palms, tears beginning to show in her eyes.

"Why...?" Was the first word she said to Naomi in the past 11 years. Naomi kneeled down, wrapping her arms around Seiko's neck. She let out a little sob. "...I'm so sorry, Seiko..." Naomi sobbed. 

But Seiko didn't hug the girl back. She pushed her away. Naomi fell backwards, tumbling onto her bottom. "H-huh?" Naomi looked up at the girl, who's eyes were changing colour from yellow to red.

"WHY?! WHY DID'NT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE ALIVE ALL THIS TIME?!" Seiko yelled. "MY LIFE HAS BEEN UTTER HELL EVER SINCE YOU LEFT, MY MOTHER DISAPPEARED, I'M NOT EVEN HUMAN ANYMORE, AND YOU JUST SHOW UP WITHOUT CONTACTING ME ONCE IN 11 YEARS?!" Seiko yelled, towering over the girl.

Seiko suddenly raised her hand to slap Naomi. Naomi gasped, and closed her eyes, waiting for the impact.

But it never came.

Naomi opened one eye to see Seiko had collapsed onto her knees. "Why..." She mumbled. Naomi sniffled, standing up. "You know..." Naomi said, clenching her fists. "YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOS BEEN THROUGH HELL!!!" She yelled, before running away.

Seiko looked up slowly. "Naomi..."

~~~

"Sis! I'm going over my friend's house!" Yuu yelled, as he placed on his shoes. Seiko was sitting on the couch, watching some blockbuster movie. "Okay, but be careful, dad and the others are out at grandma's house, so be safe!" Seiko yelled as Yuu left the house.

Now she had the house to herself. But it wasn't like she was going to do something anyway. She was just a boring, good for nothing teenage vampire.

"Go out and hunt some blood?" She thought. She shuck her head. "Nah, no point, I can wait another month" She thought, then her mind drifted to her argument with Naomi.

"Naomi... I didn't mean to... Hurt you..." She mumbled.

~~~

12:00