Chapter: THE FAKE ENDING.

Discovering that John and Jarrod were brothers suddenly put everything into perspective. Jarrod was not the man I thought he was. I saw him as someone who was open and easygoing but really he was deceitful and selfish. John was and always will be a cold man with terrible timing. He refuses to trust and when he does it all still goes wrong. Though a part of me will always love John since he is my first love, I could never be truly happy with him. I will always feel insecure, lonely and not good enough. 

It took me a while to realise but there has always been one person there for me. He was funny, cruel, loyal, brutually honest and pure contradition. There was always love between between us it just took a little longer for me to realise it.  

I looked at John and Jarrod as they both stared at me anxiously. 

'I'm sorry for everything I put you both through. I won't play the victim since there is not one in this triangle. The three of us have been manipulative and selfish.'

'What are you saying?' Jarrod asked. 

I breathed in heavily and gave a small smile. 'I'm saying that I don't want to be with either of you.'

'Penelope,' John started. 'we can make this work.'

I shook my head. 'John, that's what we have been trying to do and we have failed. We could try for the rest of our lives but in the end we would both be miserable.'

'I thought I made you happy,' Jarrod interjected. 'I love you so much. I know you feel the same way, Penelope.' 

'Jarrod,' I murmured softly. 'You did make me happy. But I just don't feel that way about you. I am sorry.'

I said my goodbyes and turned away as a feeling of huge relief overwhelmed me. I felt free and without guilt. It was an exhilerating feeling. As I went into the car waiting for me, I leaned over and kissed the driver. 

He looked at me and smiled. 'Ready for a new start, princess?'

My hand clutched his tightly. 'I'm ready for anything as long as you're with me, Quinn.'

---

THE END.            JUST KIDDING!

This is NOT the last chapter. Just me playing a cruel joke on you. More chapters left!

Butterfly12. X