Chapter 5

"You want me to make you popular?" Chase's eyebrows had creeped into his hairline. He snorts loudly, a giant smirk making its way onto his face. "You do know that in order for that to happen, you would have to be attractive."

               I lock my jaw. "Don't forget that I have pictures of your microscopic pe— "

               "—Please shut the fuck up." Chase sighs and rubs his temples just as the bell rings. "Okay, fine. Whatever. Meet me at Gate C after school." He looks up at me and glares. "Tell anyone about anything and I will call animal control. " And then he walks away.

               Despite all the insults and his annoying demeanor, I can't help but grin at his retreating figure. I turn around and head to class myself, feeling the excitement build up in my stomach, and the anticipation for after school fill up my mind.

~~~

               "Please tell me that you at least shower," is his snarky comment as he looks me up and down. "At least that's one thing to work off of."

              I exhale and force a smile on my face. "You're an asshole." He scrunches his nose. "Probably because you're so used to taking it up the ass." I smirk at his furious expression. "Did I hit a sore spot?" I smirk wider. "Is it still sore from—"

               "—Why do you insist on talking? Can you never shut up?" Chase retorts. "I don't even have to be here, so if you continue to push me to my limits, I will walk the fuck out of here."

               I look around the mall and sigh. I should probably stop. He's doing me a favor. Well, sort of, considering that I have blackmail against him. "Alright, I'm sorry." I turn my gaze to him. "What do you suggest we do, 'Oh Stylish One'?" The blank look on his face was worth it.

               He turns around and walks away. I start cracking up and I follow him. "Oh, come on! It wasn't even mean! Chase, I didn't—"

               "—Shut up," he cuts me off. "We're here." I look up from the back of his head and notice the flamboyant words etched at the top of the store. It read, Rodrigo's Salon, and I was starting to wonder if Rodrigo was as fabulous as his sign.

               "A salon?" I turn to Chase, a little panicked. "I thought we were going to worry about clothes or something?"

               Chase turns to me and responds, "Look, no offense, but before we even get to that phase, you need to look like an actual girl."

               No offense? No offense?  That was pretty fucking offensive!

               Instead of saying anything back, I grind my teeth and take a deep breath. This guy has dated a lot of extremely attractive girls— most in which are models or daughters of wealthy businessmen who blow money on their appearance as if it's the sole thing they were born to do. As much as I hate this son of a bitch, he probably knows what he's doing.

               "Fine." He raises his eyebrow at my strained voice. "Well, aren't we going to go in, Miley Cyrus?" I refer back to the twerking.

               The fire blazing in his eyes makes me lean a bit back while biting my lip to not laugh out loud. Someone's a little sensitive. "Never." He breaths heavily. "Ever." His clenched fists move up and point towards my face. "Ever  say that again you unhygienic ape or I will walk away from this stupidly impossible plan of yours to make you appear somewhat presentable."

               I just smirk, not even a little bothered by his insult. I raise my hands in defeat. "Alright, alright. Lead the way, Evans."