Chapter 2: Girl Meets friends

After breakfast, Maya waved her mom out as she left her with the address for the Daycare she had picked out for her. With the few friends she had, she had knew a worker that had worked there and promised to specifically take care of her.  Katy had paid for the first month for her but after it was up, she would have to pay for the rest. Luckily, the job she was going to be working at was paying good. As she left, she told Maya to also come clean to her friends. Again telling her that she would son have to face the consequences. Maya yeah'd her, edging her out the door before closing it with a bye, I love you, and huff.  She then picked up a messy Hayley and went to prepare her for the day.

"Let's see what Grandma Katy left you." Maya muttered.

She had yet to unpack and wash the cloths that she had brought from Florida. Luckily Katy had bought, washed, and organized everything in her dresser for her. She opened the top finding nothing but socks and onsies. She then closed it and opened the other one. This one having shirts and dresses. Putting Hayley on hip, she began to dig through. Making sure not to mess up the folded cloths. It wasn't until her eyes landed on a a nice dress onsie that had a black shirt with a light blue skirt around it. Picking it up, she closed the drawer and began to get her daughter dress. She looked at  her daughter who was looking back at her. 

"What are we going to do with this hair?" Maya asked with a soft laugh running her hand through it.

Hayley had a lot of hair for a five month old. Thick dirty blond hair that was basically a mop over her head. However today, due to her sweating it out. It curled up into wild ringlets.  Which was now sticking out in every direction. She then remembered that Katy had told her that she had brought her some headbands as well. Looking around the room, saw the small box laying on the dresser and walked over it. Digging through, She pulled out a  black headband  with a blue flower on it. She then grabbed the baby brush and picked Hayley up and carried her back into the living-room.

Sitting on the couch with her on her lap, Maya began turned on the TV and began to brush her hair.   She then put the headband on. Pushing her now slightly blond curly locks back which now looked like a wavy fro. She then laid down on the couch laying Hayley on her stomach. The both of them watching the movie channel she had watched yesterday. She clicked info and saw the title of Longest Ride  show. She had yet to see the movie, but heard it was amazing. She watched as the began, only for both a loud honk from outside and Hayley squirm in her arms trying to take her headband off. She knew she didn't like them but didn't care since they looked adorable on her. 

She sighed and pressed the record button before turning it off and standing up. Maya then began to trap Hayley in her car seat and grabbed her bag and Hayley from the couch. Slipped on the shoes she had came home in and left. Maya could see that the man in the car was going to honk again but stopped as he saw her. She then slid into the car and began to trap her daughter in. 

"Where to kid?" The man asked waiting for her. 

Giving him the address, The man nodded and began to drive to the daycare. Leaning against her seat Maya began to feel nervous once more. Would she tell Lucas that they have a child together? What if he was still with Riley? Or someone else? Would there be a someone else?   Where they all even friends still? Were they even close?

The thought of all this made her groan causing the driver to glance back at her confused.

"I'm fine." Maya said leaning against the window.

"Hey, whatever's going on in your life isn't my problem." He told her without taking his eyes off the road.

Maya glanced at him briefly and looked back out the window.