Real mature.

I crumble it, tossing it at Tristan's door.

"Ooh getting cozy with the neighbor? Has someone melted your ice cold heart?" Dilynn teases.

He melts something in me but it's a bit further south than my heart.

"Dil, he is gorgeous but he is already a huge pain." I sigh shutting the door behind us.

"Cute place, so gorgeous neighbor huh? Do I get to meet him?" She wiggles her eyebrows smiling.

"Oh I'm sure he'll make his self known."

We spend an hour just catching up and laughing. It feels amazing to finally be able to relax with my best friend. We've been tight since grade school. Basically sisters.

We quiet down when shoes clomp across the floor outside my door.

I know it's Tristan before he even knocks.

"That him?" Dilynn mouthes.

I nod, "What now Tristan!?" I call never opening the door.

"Aw Queenie you know my knock. Just wanted to say have fun, and think about our kiss."

I shiver and Dilynn smacks my arm mouth agape. "You kissed him and didn't tell me!?"

"Ow whoa chill it just happened like right before you came and he kissed my neck calm down." I explain observing my nails like they're the most interesting thing in the world.

I can hear him laughing his tight butt off on the other side of the door which only embarrasses me more.

"Bye Queenie."

All night long Dilynn wouldn't shut up about him! She's more fascinated by the man than I am.

"Sophie you just met this guy and he is clearly infatuated with you."

"Dilynn please stop talking about him!" I shout over the music holding my hands up as if I'm about to choke her.

"This is the third club we've been to, let's change the subject."

"Ok ok." She huffs taking another shot.

Grabbing my hand she drags me to the dance floor. We sway and dance to the music of course she gets asked to dance and I'm left twirling alone.

I don't mind though, I'm a dancer so it's not like I look ridiculous out here.

Dilynn finds me in the crowd again yanking me towards the exit. "Wait whoa where are we going?"

She skips down the sidewalk, "Let's get pizza race you there."

"Uh hey that's cheating!" I hurry to unbuckle my shoes scooping them up chasing after her.

We laugh like idiots running and jumping over the hood of cars.

I run her down a block away from the pizza place just to hear sirens and see flashing lights headed straight for us.

We both stop dead in our tracks as the cop car cuts off our path.

Just like high school, cops ruin everything.

The first officer out of the cruiser is cute. His hair is cut nice and he's well built. He smiles at us and we smile back; Dilynn waving and winking.

"Dibs Sophie." She whispers as he walks closer.

The second officer steps out and my jaw hits the floor.

He's a cop!?

"You've got to be kidding me." I grumble crossing my arms.

Dilynn gasps, "Bitch is that him?"

I nod stomping over to him. She says something else but I'm seeing red at this point.

"Queenie, small world huh?" He sits on the hood of the cruiser.

"Don't Queenie me Tristan are you stalking me?"

He chortles motioning for me to come closer. "Nuh uh."

He rolls his eyes hopping down walking to me grabbing my hand. "I'm not stalking you. I recieved a complaint about girls running over the tops of cars."

Oh yeah we were doing that.

"So you knew it would be me?"

He plays with my fingers bringing them to his face kissing them individually.

"Stop that, I asked you a question." I groan.

"I can't help it Queenie. Any woman bold enough to call me gorgeous and a pain in the same breath deserves to be showered in kisses."

If I wasn't already brown skin I'd probably would be blushing.
He heard me!

"You're an eavesdropper too? What next a peeping Tom?"

He holds my chin in his hand pecking the cupid's bow of my lip.

"I won't have to peep, you're going to show me."

I snort looking over my shoulder to see Dilynn. She waves at me holding her hands up telling me to call her later.

"Where are you going?" I yell.

She smiles, "This kind officer has offered to take me home. I think Officer um I didn't get your name?" She asks Tristan who is just as friendly as he wants to be.

"Tristan, nice to meet you doll." Dilynn giggles like a schoolgirl as I roll my eyes.

"Ok great you guys met now, anyway Dil what about pizza?"

"Nah I'm not hungry." She shrugs.

Yeah I bet you aren't.

Rolling my eyes she hops in the cruiser and I follow because duh, the buddy system. Cops or not she's wasted and I want her to get home safe.

When we reach her place the officer-Reggie- gets out and helps her inside. He comes back grinning from ear to ear with her number in his hand.

"You better treat my best friend right. I'll stomp the shit out of your dick if you hurt her." I say seriously.

Tristan throws his head back laughing. "Be nice Queenie. He won't hurt her."

I wasn't joking.

I dose off as we head towards my place.

"Queenie, c'mon we're here."

"No shush I want to sleep." I whine.

"Sophia baby I have to get back to work. Don't make me carry you."

I hold my index finger to my lip. He chuckles lifting me from the backseat. "You're so tiny." He says more to his self than me.

"Sorry I'm not the size of Andre The Giant." I mumble.

"Smartass I see, where are your keys?"

I dig through my bra extracting them from between my boobs.

"Classy Queenie." He jokes opening my door.

Laying me gently in the bed he covers me up kissing my forehead.

"See you in the morning."

"Wait." I say. "No bedtime story? You tucked me in and I don't even get a story?"

He sighs kneeling down next to my bed. "This sarcastic attitude adds to your cuteness."

"Why thank you."

"Goodnight Sophia."