Chapter 13

Chase's POV:

Kate and I watched Adam and Bree leave the room to talk, at first we just awkwardly stood around, avoiding eye contact.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded.

"That's good," I said.

There was a long and awkward pause.

"Look, Chase, I don't want things to be awkward between us." Kate said.

"Well neither do I."

"Well good."

"Good"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Chase! You're making it weird." Kate said with a sigh.

I sighed, "You're right, I'm sorry."

We both said and did nothing, except for the occasional flicking glances toward each other when the other wasn't looking. We made eye contact and held it, then burst out laughing.

"I missed this." Kate said.

"What?" I said.

"Us. Our friendship. It's been so awkward since we broke up and I hate to think that I lost a good friend over something as silly as a break up." Kate said.

"You're right; honestly, it was my fault, really. I was upset over the break up and angry at you, I shouldn't have done that, I didn't know how much it upset you." I said.

"It's okay, I forgive you." Kate said.

She walked over to me and gave me a hug. I wrapped one arm around her neck and she put one arm around my waist, we sat down on the ground, with our backs against the wall. Then she leaned into me, now both her arms were around my waist, and she put her head on my shoulder. I rested my head on hers and pulled her even closer.

"Just like old times, huh?" I said.

"Yep, just like old times." Kate said

"You know Adam and Bree and breaking up, right?"

"Yeah, I had a feeling."

I kissed her head and she hugged my waist tighter. I really, truly missed this, with Kate, I missed her, her smile, her laugh, her everything. I missed it after we broke up, but now I'm glad the awkwardness is over so now we can go back to being friends.

"You know, I've never had a relationship like this with any of my ex's." I said.

"I thought I was you're first girlfriend?" Kate said.

"You were my first serious girlfriend, but not my first girlfriend."

"Well, who was your first girlfriend?"

"Just some girl at Mission Creek."

"What was her name."

"Sabrina something." I said.

She laughed, "wow, Sabrina something, great name."

"Well, she wasn't really that memorable to me. We never even kissed, we just went on a couple dates."

"Who was your first kiss with?"

I chuckled a bit, "My first kiss? My first kiss was with you."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"I assumed you'd kissed a bunch of girls before me."

I laughed, "hardly, I was kind of a dorky kid, so I didn't really get a girlfriend until I turned about 16."

"Interesting," Kate said, laughing.

"What about you? Who was your first kiss with?" I asked.

"My first kiss was with you." Kate said.

"Our first kiss was with each other? That's cute."

Kate laughed, "You're so weird."

"But I know you like that." I said, nudging her side.

She looked up at me as I looked down at her.

"You're right; it's one of your best qualities. It's also one of the reasons I fell in love with you."

"And...do you still love me?" I asked.

"Chase, you know I still love you. Do you still love me?"

"Katie, you know I love you. I love you to the moon and back."

"I hated us fighting."

"Me too, I'm glad were friends again."

I heard a set of doors open and close and footsteps coming down the hallway, Adam and Bree emerged from around the corner.

"Hey guys," Adam said.

Kate and I both untangled our arms from each other and stood up.

"Adam and I are no longer a couple, but we have agreed to remain really good friends." Bree said, looking at me and smiling.

"Bree, were not really good friends." Adam said, a look of seriousness on his face.

Bree looked up at him, a look of worry on her face.

"WERE SNUGGLE BUDDIES!!!" He said, giving Bree a big hug, making her laughing.

Adam walked next to Kate and I walked next to Bree.

"Let's promise, that no matter what, we won't let anything destroy our friendships with each other, agreed?" I said.

Adam, Kate, and Bree nodded their heads, and I smiled.