Chapter 25: Tender Emotions

Start from the beginning

Oh!

God, I loved this song. Until it clicked on me again. Never get a second chance for the first time. How much did that relate to me? I looked over toward Louis, who was speaking with Harry, laughing as they talked. “What’s wrong?” Bonnie asked, seeing how I stopped dancing and singing.

I took the earbud out, handing it back to her. “I think I need to be alone.” I said. “I need to think about some things.”

“Where are you going to go?” She asked.

I thought to myself. There was a whole island to explore, but I wouldn’t go that far into say I wanted to walk the whole. There was a land of trees nearby, but I didn’t trust my sense of direction. “Hm. I think I’ll go check out the shops.” I said, smiling some at Bonnie. “Check out some souvenirs.”

“Okay, love.” Bonnie said, smiling. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“’Kay, babes.” I said, waving as I started to walk away from here.

I started to hum under my breath, walking past the small cabins and making my way toward the shops at the other end of the pier. The shops held lots of people, families and friends alike that were on vacation. I looked around, wondering where to start. “Miss! Miss!” I heard. I turned my head to see an elder lady waving frantically at me.

I slowly and hesitantly made my way over, slightly nervous by the woman’s actions. I stepped up to the front of her stand. There were rows upon rows of bracelets that were handmade. I looked up at the woman, curious as to why she was calling me over. “So you must be the girl… What a beauty.”

“Um…” I started, feeling slightly awkward.

The older woman laughed. “Oh, I know my bracelets when I see them.”

I looked at the one around my wrist, mine and Bonnie’s friendship bracelet. “Not that one, sweetie. The one around your ankle.”

I looked down at my ankle, seeing my birthday present. “Okay?” I asked, still slightly confused.

“A boy came a few days ago, looking for a birthday present for a girl. He told me she was a very special girl.” She looked into my eyes.

“Okay.”

The lady laughed. I jumped in shock, man could the lady howl. We actually got a few stares from nearby stalls. The lady stopped laughing as she looked around the many bracelets that were on the table. She picked one up, one that looked similar to my own, only it was a deep blue. She held it out to me. I took it, looking at it. “That ankle bracelet I gave to the boy… that’s its matching pair. I was so concerned in finding him something I forgot to give it to him. Why don’t you do it for me?”

I nodded, reaching to my back pocket to grab my mini wallet I carried around. “Oh, don’t worry about paying me.” She said, smiling. “As long as I got to see the girl he was smitten over, I would be satisfied.”

I grinned like an idiot, more out of entertainment than anything. First of all, who said smitten these days? Second, it made me wonder just how obvious Louis displayed his feelings around me. “Thank you.” I said. “I’ll go give it to him now.”

The elder lady gave me a toothy grin and waved me off. I smiled at the blue bracelet in my hand. Maybe it was the words the woman said, or perhaps the bracelet, but that made me decide. I wouldn’t chicken out on a great guy like Louis. I knew if I didn’t do something now, there will be a day I would regret ever leading him astray. But of course, I wouldn’t fall that easily. My name was Dakota Ann Duff and I was not that easy to get. He challenged me that he would make me face my fears. I want to see just how well he could hold up to his promises. I want to see how well he could prove me wrong.