Chapter 4

CASTING CHANGE.  I started this idk how long ago but the ages of the characters dont make sense with the actors. If you care look at the new cast if not keep reading

##################################

I ran to the door and opened it. Jake was standing there with a smile on his face.

"How's the face he asked?"

 "Fine thanks for asking" I chuckled a little. "I've been waiting all day for this."

"Me too and to be honest I have had butterflies in my stomach all day." He replied 

"You have not. There is no way Mr. bad boy Jake was nervous to meet my lame brothers." I shared with a small chuckle.

"I'm serious, I really like you and want them to be okay with us going on dates." He told me in complete and utter seriousness. Just as I was about to grab his hand and pull him inside when Tyler came up behind me and put both of his hand on my shoulder.

"You must be Jake." He said all to firm, similar to the hand shake he gave as well. 

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you..." He said unaware of Ty's name 

"Tyler." 

"Well why don't you come in Jake. Dinner is almost ready." We walked to the kitchen where the rest of the boys were. Drew was making dinner with the help of Riley while the rest of the boys were sitting at the table attention absorbed in their phones. It wasn't until Tyler spoke that they noticed we have entered the room.

"Well boys look who I found at the front door."

"You must be Jake." Drew said.

"No he just some boy who I found at the front door and I invited him in. Yes this is Jake." I answered annoyed that he just repeated exactly what Tyler said not even moments before. He gave me a warning look that if I didn't loose that attitude I would be grounded. 

"Why don't we sit."  Riley announced. As we sat down I made sure I could sit next to Jake because knowing my brothers we would be stuck at opposite ends of the table. Then we began eating the delicious pasta my brothers had made. Before Jake even got to take his first bite, Luka spoke up,

"So Jake I heard you punched an asshole in his face the other day."

"Yeah," he answered with a small chuckle "I figured it was the least I could do, Literally the least without getting in too much trouble, though he deserved oh so much more."

"I agree and thanks for doing that." Luka replied.

"So Jake what made you move here of all places in the world?" Scott asked.

"Well my mom got a job at a athletic recruiting office here and she didn't want to drive two hours to work everyday so I told her we should just move here."

"Drew works at a recruiting office too! Maybe he knows your mom." I interjected excitedly.

"Yeah I think I do, Is her name Camilla?" Drew asked.

"Yeah it is."

"I introduced her to the recruiting team. She seems like a nice woman and very skilled team member."

"Oh yeah shes amazing. She never complains about anything. She's always there for me and ever since my dad left she is all I have besides my sister."

"Ok I see how it is you can just leave now then if you don't need me!" I sarcastically stated.

"NO Colby I didn't mean it like that it just..." He defended

"Jake. I'm joking. I completely understand it's kinda the same for me with these idiots." After I said that I heard a chorus of "Awws" followed by "Heys" once they realized I had called them idiots.

After a few more boring conversations Jake spoke up to ask my brothers a question.

"I know you all barely know me, and I probably haven't earned your trust yet but I was wondering if I could take Colby on a date next Saturday?" And for a moment it was dead silent except for the exchange of glaces by my brothers, Until Drew broke it and answered.

"Well if you have her home by 11, I guess it would be okay but I want to know where you are going and what your plan will be. Also did you drive here?" He said slightly confused since Jake is a freshman like me.

"Uh yeah, I'm sixteen, I'm a sophomore but we didn't have some of the freshman classes that are required here at my last school."

"That idiot lied to me." Tyler thought out loud.

"What?" I asked him.

"Mitchell said Jake was freshman and that he got expelled for fighting." Tyler said.

"Well he passed on false information, though I did get in to a fair amount of fights I was not expelled. And in my defense the fights we for good reasons." Jake corrected Ty.

"Reasons like what?" Luka questioned.

"Uh I don't know like if a guy hit a girl or if they were talking bad about my mom or sister."

"How old is your sister?" I asked him.

"15. She actually goes to school with us her name is Becca, she's really loud and energetic." He said.

"REALLY? When can I meet her? Wait would I like her?" I asked

"Ummm I don't know but yeah I think you would. I could introduce you tomorrow if you want."

"YES."

"Well ok then."

"Hey Col it's getting kind of late you wanna wrap it up?" Drew spoke.

"Already?"

"yeah it's 9 o'clock."

"Fine. Jake it was really nice seeing you I can't wait for our date I'll text you later I told him as we all started to stand up. Jake walked up to each of my brothers and shook their hands and told them it was nice meeting them my brothers reciprocated the gesture. And with that I walked Jake to the door and said goodbye we hugged each other before he walked away. Saving out first kiss for our date I hoped to myself as I watched him walk to his car. I waved as he drove away and after he was out of sight I closed the door and ran back to my brothers.

"WELLLLLLL? What did you think?"...