"Easy, there. Not sure if you know this, but I can be a bastard when I want to. And I'm rather chagrined to admit this, but I wasn't too sure of you at first- You were too close."

Luna raised an eyebrow at that. "Close?"

"You fit in quickly- Everyone accepted you, it seemed, and right away. When I first arrived here, at Gryffindor house, it took people weeks, months even to accept me. For me, rather than who my family was. Not to say I couldn't be a prejudice little shit at first- James and the others were quick to set me right though." Sirius said, fondness in his tone. Luna smiled at him, reaching forward to take his good hand in hers.

"I came here- And pardon me if this is a pun- like a kicked dog. Despite your rudeness at first, you and everyone else helped give me a home. I feel safe here- Despite the crazy Death Eater attacks, and the full moons, and everything else-" Luna blinked then, and for a moment Sirius thought she might cry. But instead she only shook her head and continued. "I lost my family, and then I came here, and I found something better."

"Yeah, I think found something pretty great too." Sirius hummed, squeezing her hand gently. Luna smiled at him, and for a moment the urge to pull him close and snog the shit out of him was strong. Instead though she raised an eyebrow, never one to let him off easy.

"You think?" She asked, tilting her head to the side as she stared at him with narrowed eyes. Sirius let out a low groan, hanging his head. His shoulders shook with laughter though, and he lifted her hand to hold it to his face, lips pressing against the back of her hand.

"You're too good for me." He murmured, looking up at her from behind his dark hair. She really loved his eyes. She watched him for a moment, biting down on her bottom lip.

"We're good. Both of us, I mean. For each other."

"We are." He agreed, grinning in a way that Luna found endearing. Leaning forward, she used his good hand to pull him the rest of the way before she kissed him. It started out gentle, something sweet and reassuring- But then he was moving closer, careful not to bump his injured arm even as his other hand came to her hair, and suddenly he was leaning over her, her back pressed against the pillow and the rest of her up against him.

It was rather impressive, the way they managed to tangle themselves together in their current situations- Sirius, with his broken arm(and rib, Luna suspected by the way he would cringe occasionally), and Luna with her assortment of bruises. It was worth it though, and everywhere his skin touched hers felt like fire, making her insides tighten and her breath shallow.

"Damn this sling!" Sirius said suddenly, and even as Luna protested he slipped it off, stretching out the previously-injured arm carefully. With a sly grin he looked at her.

"It's fragile, not broken. And you'll be gentle with me, won't you?" He asked, and despite the rush of blood to her cheeks, Luna smiled, pulling him back down to her. With both hands free, Sirius was quick to put them to use- His good one supporting him, while the other went to Luna's side, brushing against the skin where her shirt road up. Her own hands had moved themselves, wrapping around him and pulling him closer.

When his lips found her neck, Luna thought she might actually be on fire. The sound that left her mouth was definitely not one she had meant to let slip, and she could feel Sirius smile against her skin before gently biting down on an area Luna had not known was so sensitive till now. His hands moved up her ribs as his lips moved down her neck, and while Luna was positive the Infirmary was one of the most inappropriate places to do this, she'd really rather not stop now.

They weren't really given a choice though.

"MERLIN'S SOCKS, WHAT DO  YOU TWO THINK YOU'RE DOING IN HERE?!" Richard Potter's voice interrupted, much too loud for comfort for people even with normal hearing. Luna gasped, moving to sit up while Sirius went to hang his head, promptly inciting their foreheads to collide painfully as they tried to straighten themselves out.