Chapter five

(Harry's POV)

I laugh as Louis attempts- and fails- to hold the other end of the couch as we haul it inside the apartment. The furniture store delivered everything today in a large truck and we have a few hours to unload all of it . . . and to make matters worse, it's boiling hot outside.

"Louis, you need to work out more," I joke as we set down the couch in the living room, centering it directly in the middle. He sighs in relief.

He's sweating and panting, bending over and heaving. He's practically dying of heat exhaustion.

"Shut up," he says back.

"Love you," I smile.

"Whatever. Just help me unload the rest, yeah?"

I nod and walk with him to the truck which is parked outside. Louis grabs a chair and carries it back up the flight of stairs to his place. I stay behind and grab the second one to the matched set.

The chairs are brown and wooden with white cushion. I don't know why he chose white over all colours because, well, Louis is the messiest eater that I know and white stains easily.

I heave my way up the metal, black stairs to the third floor where Lou's apartment is. Each step clatters underneath me and I have to hold onto the railing several times to stop myself from falling. Maybe Louis is right. Maybe I am clumsy.

I walk inside his apartment and am startled to see Louis talking to a random girl around the table. I smile lightly and set down the chair in the kitchen.

"Hello . . . who's this?" I ask him.

"Oh, Harry, this is my neighbor Esther. Esther, this is Harry," Louis introduces. I stand beside him and look at the gothic looking girl in front of me.

I shake her hand lightly, "It's nice to meet you."

"You too." she says. Her hair is silky and black with streaks of colour. She looks like she belongs in some obnoxious rock band.

"I can help you move the rest of the furniture in, if you'd like," she offers kindly- a little too kindly, I might add.

"No it's okay--"

"That'd be great, thank you!" Louis interrupts. I shoot him a glare but he just smiles warmly at Esther.

Oh great. This will be fun.

* * *

"But taking off your shirt really wasn't necessary," I huff, sitting down on the couch. We've spent the past hour or so unloading the furniture and we're both tired and need a rest. As the day slowly came to an end the sun set and the hot weather was replaced with cool, calm air, which all of us were thankful for. Yet, Louis decided to take off his shirt for no apparent reason.

"I was hot!" he defends himself, plopping down next to me. He puts his arm around me and scoots in closer.

"Well, that girl next door certainly thought you were hot . . . and I don't mean temperature wise," I say, rolling my eyes. She randomly offered to help us and Louis just had to take off his shirt. And yes, I saw the way she looked at him, eyeing him like he was candy.

"Who? Esther? She was just trying to help, Haz."

"No, she basically eye raping you," I accuse.

"Was not!" he scoffs.

"Was too."

"Harry," he sighs, tilting his head as if to say just drop it.

"But you're mine," I remind him. He gulps and inches closer, resting his head delicately on my shoulder.

"I know," he says, almost in a whisper. He flutters his eyes closed and remains motionless. His face suddenly turns cold. I rub his arm gently.

"You alright, babe?" I ask, looking down at him.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. I can tell. What's going on, sweet heart?" I ask, nudging him to encourage him to sit up properly. He groans in annoyance and straightens his posture. He stares ahead at the fireplace and ignores my gaze.

"I just . . . I feel like we're . . . never mind."

"No, tell me."

"It's nothing," he promises.

"Well obviously it is," I whine.

He shakes his head, "Just forget about it."

"Tell me."

"Fine! It just seems like we're . . . drifting," he mutters, fiddling with his thumbs.

I raise an eyebrow, "Drifting?"

"It's not a big deal, just forget about it, alright?" he mumbles.

"No, babe, what do you mean?" I wonder.

" 's just that we don't really do anything together anymore. When was the last time we went on a proper date?" he asks. I think back and honestly can't think of anything. Sure, we've had plenty of dates at either my house or his place but we haven't properly been out in quite some time.

I shrug, "It's been a while."

"Exactly."

"But Louis, every couple has to get out of their honey moon phase eventually," I remind him.

"I know, I know . . . I miss you, 's all. I probably sound whiney but I can't help it." he says.

"Let's go on a date, then," I declare, hopping up from the couch.

He chuckles, "Haz it's really late we don't have to--"

"Be quiet, alright? Let's go. Grab your jacket."

* * *

"Where are we going?" Louis asks for probably the hundredth time.

I laugh, "Can't say."

"But Harrrryyyy," he whines, tugging lightly at my sleeve and pouting his lip.

"Just relax, alright?" I say, pulling into the dark parking lot. The sun has already set and the moon has come out, spreading the sky with blackness. Louis' eyes widen when he looks up at the building in front of us.

"Why are we here?" he asks. I don't answer him and hop out of the car. He rolls his eyes and gets out as well.

"I don't think we're supposed to be here it's Summer vacation. There's probably nobody in the school!" Louis warns. I chuckle and grab his hand lightly, tugging him along with me.

"There's a back entrance to the auditorium," I point to the large, black door. It's blocked off by a long, metal fence that stretches around the school building.

I try tugging on the gate but it doesn't budge.

"There's a lock," Louis says, eyeing the padlock. I look down.

"Yep, I guess we'll have to hop over it then," I hum.

Louis grips my arm tightly, "Are you crazy?" he hisses.

I nod, "Definitely."

Louis frowns, "Haz, c'mon. It's past eleven o'clock. Let's just go back to my place," he encourages. He tries to pull me away but I don't move.

"Lighten up, Lou. When was the last time you did something exciting?" I ask.

He doesn't answer and instead releases a small whimper. I smirk and peck his lips for a split second.

"That's what I thought."

Louis sighs dramatically as I make my way to the fence.

"Is this even legal?" he wonders. I shrug and pull myself up the fencing, using all of my strength.

"Probably not," I admit as I jump over to the other side. I land firmly on the ground and turn around to see Louis with an apprehensive look on his face. I hold out my hand for him to take, hoping that it'll calm him down. His face is tainted white.

"This is dangerous," he muses. I laugh and grip his hand to help him over the metal barrier.

"That's why it's so fun."

[ Dedication this week goes to pandarosita because she made me a really nice trailer. Wattpad isn't letting me put it on the side for some reson so I'll add it to the next chapter. Deeply_in_love also gets a mention because she made me
another trailer which I'll be posting on a later chapter. ]