What's an Aberdale?

As many know, moving away from home is hard, especially if you had been living there your whole life. So when your parents told you you would be moving, it was only natural for you to panic and ask nearly twenty questions a second- but your thoughts blurred together and a mesh of noises came from your mind and mouth. After a few moments of trying to compose yourself, a simple ' Why? ' was directed to your parents.

You supposed they expected the question, and your mother spoke up. " It'll give you a new life, and better chances at a good college. "

She made you sound like a problem child. As if you had gotten into so much trouble at your current school that it had forced you to move. In all honesty, you didn't ever get into trouble- in fact, there wasn't much trouble to get into. Many people didn't talk about others like they do in the movies. Everyone knew one another and got along fine.

Your school was a rather small one, even being a high school. It held a little over a thousand students and all of the them could fit into the cafeteria at once.

The reason for this, a very simple one, was because you lived in a small town in New York. Not ' The Big Apple ' New York, just the state. The population was just over twenty thousand, many of the citizens being elder folk hoping to retire there in Flirais-- an odd name for a New York town.

After your mother's reply, you then moved to another question. It flew from your lips before you could stop it- " Where are we moving to? "

Suddenly you regret asking as you examined the looks on both your parents faces.

" A town in Arizona, Aberdale. "

alright, i understand this is a really short chapter, but i promise the next few will be longer. welcome to wirt hell kiddos!