Chapter 4

Peyton's POV

I woke up by something licking my face. I groan and roll over, covering my face with my blankets. The licking continues and I sit up, staring at my stupid puppy who has big eyes and was wagging his tail. "Daddy!" I yell loudly.

Daddy didn't hear me I guess so I yell louder. "Daddy!!"

"Wha?!" I hear daddy shout from somewhere in the house.

"Come here!" I say and try to push Astro away but he jumps back on my chest.

I hear daddy's footsteps coming towards my room and soon he appears in the doorway. "What?" He asks sighing.

"Get him!" I pout and try to push Astro again

Daddy chuckles and shakes his head. "He's yer dog"

"Daddy!"

Daddy groans and comes towards me, picking me up instead of Astro. "Daddy! I'm tired" I squeal.

Daddy ignores me and carries me into his room. He throws me on his bed which causes me to squeal but giggle right after. "Watch Tv while I find ye' some clothes" daddy says and turns his TV on.

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. "For what daddy?"

"For school" daddy says in a 'duh' tone.

That's today? No... "Daddy I don't wanna go" I pout.

"Tha' sucks" daddy says and leaves the room.

I cross my arms and an ideas pops in my head. Maybe if I hide I don't have to go!

I jump off daddy's bed and dive underneath it, placing my hands over my mouth to keep from laughing.

I hear daddy's footsteps coming back in the room and stop at the doorway. I see his feet and that's all. "Seriously? We don't got time for this Peyton" I hear daddy say and he turns around, leaving the room. I stifle a laugh as I hear daddy calling for me in my room. Daddy's dumb.

Daddy comes back into his room and sigh. "Seriously Peyton yer gonna make me mad" daddy says in a serious voice.

I debate on whether or not I should get out so i don't get in trouble.

"Baby it won't be that bad I promise... Kindergarden is fun.. Please don't stress me out more than I already am" daddy sighs.

I groan and roll out from under the bed. "I was right here the whole time daddy" I giggle and stand up.

Daddy sighs and gives a small smile before squatting down to my height.

I frown. "What's wrong daddy?" I ask placing my hands on daddy's shoulders.

Daddy sighs and shakes his head. "Ain't nothin' you need to worry bout baby girl.. Now come on.. Yer gonna be late on your first day" daddy says and helps me change into some nicer clothes. I decide not to argue anymore because daddy looks upset and I don't wanna make it worse.

"I'm scared to go to school daddy" I say and daddy ties my shoes.

"It'll be fun" daddy reassures.

"Will you walk with me to class?" I ask, hugging daddy's legs as he stands up.

"Of course" daddy whispers and bends down to pick me up. He places me on his hip and shuts the TV off before going into my room and grabbing my backpack that had some markers and paper in it.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna stay home all day with daddy or stay with daddy at the shop. "Daddy will you be there when it's over?" I ask as daddy places me in my car seat of his truck.