I'm finally allowed to Leave the House...and I attacked by a Cow

You know, as a young kid, you hate being cooped up in a house? Yeah, try being a half werewolf, half demigod son of Poseidon. I hate, absolutely hate being cooped up. As a wolf, I need to run and roam, and the sea hates being contained, restricted, and all that other fun stuff.

It's so aggravating. Finally, my dad, obviously not my real one. There's no way an Olympian can give birth to, or sire, a werewolf. The demigod genes would either completely annihilate the werewolf gene...or the kid would die...there's never been any that survived. No, Poseidon adopted me, my real father is a monster. Not just literally, but metaphorically too. Lycaon raped my mother...that's how I came to be. Luckily my dad had taken a liking to my mom and saved us before Lycaon could come back and take me away.

So,  back to the story at hand, I don't like talking about my past much. Finally, I'm allowed to go out and actually roam. I'm twelve, and I've never left our hundred acre plot of land that has almost a mile of beach front on it. Yeah, Poseidon is absolutely awesome...just saying. So, I guess the plot of land is protected from monsters. It's got to be because Lycaon never found us.

I must have really bad luck, because the moment I stepped off the property, a Cyclopes attacked me! I made quick work of it with my two daggers that my dad made had made in his forges especially for me. If you twirl them, they turn from celestial bronze, to silver, that way I can fight all the monsters, Lycaon and the regular ones.

If that wasn't bad enough, my father told me that I needed to head to Camp Half-Blood, where all demigod's go that are from the Greek Gods. Yeah, I know all about the other Pantheons as well as the gods Roman aspects too. My father keeps me well informed. So, that's where I'm headed now.

I just hope it doesn't turn out that Zeus tries to kill me, because he will, and then he'll realize he can't and be even more upset. Oh, yeah, that's another thing, I seem to be extremely hard to kill. My dad, one day, while we were sparring, accidently hit me with a full power blast from his trident...I was only knocked unconscious. And my dad is way stronger even now with so few that believe in him, than Zeus was in his prime. So, I'm sure good ole' Uncle Zeus will be pretty upset if he finds that out. Oh well, he'll get over it.

It took me three days of straight running in my wolf form to make it from northern Georgia, to Long Island Sound, where the camp was located. Luckily for me, while in my wolf form, monsters tended to leave me alone, thinking I was one of them. It made it easier to get there without being delayed. Apparently my dad needed me to help prove his innocence on some stupid thing that happened on Olympus. Hades and Zeus both had their symbols of power stolen, and Zeus blamed Poseidon, but Hades kept quiet, even though my dad could tell something happened to him as well.

I neared the camp and realized there was some sort of magical barrier there. It was weird, I knew what I was looking at was wrong, because all I could see was strawberry fields, but I knew the camp was here. I approached the barrier, but when I went to put a hand through it, I was stopped. It wouldn't let me through!

'I really am a monster,' I thought. Poseidon had told me that this camp had a barrier that shielded the demigods from monsters, preventing them from getting in unless summoned there for training purposes. If I couldn't get in, then that means I am nothing but a monster. 'Why did he claim me then?' I wonder.

Next thing I know, there's this half goat boy running up the hill behind me, screaming at the top of his lungs. "Help me! The minotaur is after me!"

I look and see what he said is true, but the moment he catches my sent, he stops chasing the satyr. He was never after him, the satyr just happened to be trailing me, so the beefhead followed. The minotaur roared and started coming up the hill towards me. I bared my teeth and snarled at him.

"Oh no...you're a monster too! Oh my enchiladas, I'm so dead," the satyr said.

"Shut up satyr. I have no interest in you. I'm not as much a monster as you might think, contrary to popular belief, I'm different," I say out of the side of my mouth, never once taking my eyes of the over grown cow stalking towards me.

Said cow roared when he was only fifty feet away and charged. I let my claws come out of my hands and got ready. At the exact last second, I lunged forward under his outstretched arms and raked my claws down his left side. He snarled at first, but I had already jumped on his back and sank my fangs into his throat. He exploded in a cloud of yellow dust.

Now that I thought about it, I could have just used my daggers, but it's a little late for that. I turned to the sniveling goatboy and said, "You okay?"

He looked up at me with fear. "Are you going to eat me now? I swear I don't taste good."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not going to eat you. My dad sent me here. The only problem is, even though he's claimed me, I still can't get admittance into the camp. If it weren't for my...furry little problem, I could get in no issue. It's just, apparently the barrier doesn't recognize my godly parent."

The boy looked at me suspiciously. "Who's your godly parent?"

"Poseidon."

His eyes widened, "That's not possible. They swore an oath--"

"Never to have another mortal kid because of the wars it caused. Yeah, I know all about it. I'm not born his son. I wouldn't be standing here if I was. I'd either be fully demigod, or fully dead. Werewolf blood, and immortal blood don't mix. No, he claimed me and blessed me because he fell for my mom. He took us and gave a place to stay, protecting us from my real father."

The boy kept looking at me, trying to see if I was lying. "It doesn't smell like you're lying, so I guess I can believe you. Why are you here though? Lord Poseidon must know that Lord Zeus would kill you if he ever found you."

"He does, but he needed my help, and since he doesn't have any demigod sons of his own, he sent me, the next best thing."

"Oh, well, my names Grover. Here, let me let you into the barrier, and we'll go talk to Chiron to sort this all out."