He groans. "Princess, you're killing me."

A small chuckle escapes my lips and I shake my head. "I'm kidding. We should talk about what happened though."

"What's there to talk about?" he asks, brushing past me.

He goes upstairs with me following close behind. "Do you like me?" I ask curiously, a grin growing on my face.

He stops abruptly in his doorway, turning around. "You're an annoying little shit," he sighs. "Look, I don't know what to say, okay? Just let it go."

He closes his door and I stand there in shock. After a moment, his door opens and leans down to kiss me. The kiss takes my breath away and he pulls away. "Are you bipolar?" I ask softly.

He smirks, chuckling slightly. "I don't think so. I just felt bad for being an ass."

I nod slowly. It's not like I can be mad at him. Not with those lips in front of me. A noise downstairs interrupts my thoughts. My eyes widen and I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. Pointing at him, I say, "Don't be weird."

"I won't," he says, holding his hands up in surrender.

He pecks my lips once more, brushing his tongue across them before pulling away. Blushing slightly, I wipe my lips again. I go downstairs where my mom and Jason are coming through the door with their bags. My mom looks so happy with him. "How was your trip?" I smile.

My mom grins. "Great. We had so much fun."

Jason slips his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "As much as we want to tell you about it, we're extremely tired from the trip. Time zones suck."

I nod understandingly. "Of course. You guys get some sleep and I'll make dinner tonight."

"Thanks honey."

My mom kisses my forehead before they go to their room. Maddox comes down the steps a moment later and I take in his beautiful figure, only basketball shorts decorating his body. "Where'd they go?" he asks, looking around.

I nod down the hall. "Bed. They were tired from the trip," I say, then he swoops me off my feet and begins carrying me up the stairs. "What are you doing?" I whisper yell.

"Taking you to bed so we can cuddle," he grunts.

We go into his room and he kicks his door closed and locks it before placing me on his bed. I move to the side and he lays beside me. Pulling me against his side, he presses his lips softly against ny forehead. I tilt my head back, my lips meeting his. Just as we begin getting lost in each other, his phone rings and he pulls away. He looks at me for a moment, asking permission. I nod. "Go ahead."

He sits up, grabbing his phone. "Hey," he answers. "No. I'm kind of... preoccupied," he says glancing at me. "Okay. I'll come downstairs and get it. Bye."

He drops his phone beside him and sighs. "Everything okay?" I ask.

He nods. "My friend has something for me downstairs. He wanted to hang out but I don't want to," he shrugs.

"Don't let me keep you from your friends," I say, using my elbows to sit up.

He shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. I don't want to hang out with them, anyways. Don't move, I'll be right back."

I nod and he leaves. When the door is closed, I sit up and look around his room. The walls are mostly bare and he hasn't really personalized it. It looks the same as before he came except for the sheets and comforter.

When his phone vibrates next to me, I can't stop my wandering eyes. The screen lights up with the name Leah across the top. I quickly scan the text:

Hey, baby. I had fun at the party last weekend with you ;) You should come over tonight. If you're lucky, maybe we'll have a repeat of last weekend. Call me, babe ;*

Suddenly, all the reasons of why this is wrong comes to mind. My breathing picks up slightly and I jump up from his bed. He's my step brother. I know for a fact this would ruin her relationship with Jason and that's the last thing I want to happen.

When the door opens, Maddox steps in with a bag. He tosses it on the chair and walks over to me. I take a step back and he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "What's wrong?" he asks.

"This whole thing is wrong," I snap. "You're my fucking step brother. That's disgusting. I'm disgusting."

He reaches out for me but I pull away. "What made you snap like this?" he asks. "I only went downstairs. We were fine beforehand."

I shake my head. "The realization that your my step brother. The whole situation is sick. We'll ruin our parents relationship if they find out."

"They won't," he says.

I can't believe him. I have to go. So I do. I leave him standing there.

********************************

VOTE ★ COMMENT ★ FOLLOW