"LUCY! Where have you been?" She asked, a bit wobbly from the drinking she had already done.

"Hey Key, I had a small last minute trip to Australia for a few days. Sorry for not telling you guys." I explained, even though I knew she was drunk and my words wouldn't mean much to her. She threw her arms around me, pulling me in a hug.

"We were so worried! We went to your building but the door dude told us neither your mother or you were in town."

"Lucy!" Liam appeared from behind Keeley with a huge puppy dog grin. "I thought you got deported."

"Nope. I did go to Australia, but it was by choice." I chucked at him.

"Carson's going to be so excited-" Liam began.

"I think he's pretty preoccupied right now." I nodded my head in his direction. Liam simply rolled his eyes at me and was going to reply when I was suddenly attacked in a hug by none other than Lily.

"I FUCKING MISSED YOU DONT EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN YOU BITCH."

"Sorry, lil." I quickly explained my disappearance for the third time. "I was just stopping by... I should probably get going, I just got off of a sixteen hour flight."

"Okay, well rest well tonight. Love you." She kissed my cheek and slapped my ass to send me on my way. "I'll send Carson your way."

"Yeah, I don't think so. He's concerned with something else." I looked over to where he sat, the girls cleavage out on display in obvious desperation.

"Oh Janice? She's been trying to get with him forever. Nothing's going to happen there." Lily attempted to soothe me. "Don't read too much into things Luce."

******

I made it back into the apartment, took a shower to soothe the aches in my back before putting on one of Carson's shirts I had stolen and climbing into bed with my hair still wet, but not a care in the world. And that was when the waterworks began. I sat with my face in my knees as I cried, my entire body shaking as I sobbed. The pain in my heart was so heavy but it was exactly what I needed. The door to my bedroom opened and I looked up to find a confused Carson standing at my door.

"Lucy? Are you okay? What happened?" He asked, concern all over his face. "Where have you been?"

"It's nothing, Carson. Don't bother." I turned over, burying my face in my pillows.

"Why are you crying?" He sighed, angrily. "You can't disappear for a week and then expect me to comfort you when I haven't heard from you."

"I don't care what you do!"

"Obviously you do or you wouldn't be crying."

"Just leave me alone, Carson!" I couldn't deal with him being an asshole. He had been sweet to me recently but now his true asshole self was showing through.

"No."

"Leave me alone!"

"I said no." He grit his teeth in anger, sitting down on the opposite end of my bed and running his hand through his disheveled hair. I faced the opposite side, looking down into my lap as I cried. He sighed, obviously frustrated. Carson reached back behind him, grabbing my waist and pulling me across the bed much to my disapproval. He pulled me into his lap and held me against him while I cried. "Why are you crying?"

This time his words were more gentle than before and he rubbed circles into my back. I sniffled before finally speaking. "I'm just upset, it's not a big deal. I'm stress crying."

"Why are you stressed and upset?" He pressed a soft kiss below my ear, causing the butterflies to dance. I didn't like that he was manipulating me with me attraction to him to get the answers he wanted but I was in no position to refuse.

"I'm just stressed cause it's the six month anniversary of my father's death. We went to Australia to visit his grave " I admitted. "I don't want to talk about it. I wasn't expecting you to come over."

"I wasn't expecting to find you like this." He replied, pursing his lips. "There's something else bothering you though."

"No-"

"Don't lie. What is it?"

"Us. We are bothering me."

"Hmm? How so?"

"I don't know what we are doing or what we are... And you were talking to that Janice girl.."

He smirked. "I believe my little Aussie was jealous? I also specifically remember telling you I wanted to be with you. I didn't lie to you. I wouldn't tell you that then turn around and go get with another girl. I haven't even flirted with another girl since the first time we kissed."

"Really?"

"Really." He leaned in and pressed a warm kiss to my lips at that moment. "Don't overthink things."

"Sorry." I mumbled, embarrassed once more. I was no good at flirting and dating, obviously. "What are you doing here anyways? It's late."

"I didn't want to sleep without you." He purred into my neck. "You were gone for so long."

"Oh." Was all that escaped my lips as Carson turned and laid me back against the bed. He stood up, kicking off his shoes and pulling his shirt over his head, displaying his beautiful mouth watering abs. And that's when I made up my mind.

"Carson?"

"Yeah?" He climbed onto the bed, laying next to me.

"I think I love you."