Chapter 12

I guess you could just call me a coward. Here I was sitting on Lily's bed with the door locked. I was ashamed that I had blown up on Carson, embarrassed for making a bit of a scene and now all I could think about was how I needed to escape.

I considered climbing out of Lily's bedroom window and taking the fire escape but the heels I was wearing were killing me and I would probably break my neck on my way out. A knock suddenly came from the door and I pretended to not hear it in hopes that they would go away.

"Lucy?" A masculine voice came from behind the door. Liam. I opened the door, letting him in, checking behind him to make sure no one had followed him.

He smiled, his hands in his pockets. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I ran a hand through my hair. "I made a fool out of myself didn't I?"

"Nah, everyone is wasted and won't remember. Plus I don't even know half of these people so I doubt you do either. The real problem is Carson. I'm apologizing for him even though that probably means nothing to you. I don't know what's got into him." Liam confessed.

"I still feel really embarrassed."  I muttered.

Liam offered a small smile. "You can leave if you want, I'll walk you out if that helps."

"Yeah probably." I grabbed my purse, following Liam out of the bedroom. The party seemed to have calmed down now, and I made my way through the living room towards the door with him. Carson sat on the couch, glaring at me with Sarah next to him talking his ear off.

"Don't worry he'll come around." Liam tried to reassure me.

"I don't think so." I sighed. "I guess he hates me."

*******

Once I made it home, i walked through the lobby and made my way over to the lift. I pressed the button to call for the elevator and stepped inside as soon as it arrived.

"Hold the elevator!" A guy quickly jumped in. He was tall, with caramel brown hair and black dimmed glasses that sat against his brown eyes. He smiled at me, his dimples flashing. "Sorry, I just didn't want to wait."

"No problem." I replied with a small smile. He wore jeans and a pair of brown loafers and a forest green sweater with the sleeves pushed up. He carried a computer case and a backpack. He dressed very professional compared to my party clothes, leaving me a bit embarrassed. "I'm in no rush."

"Australia? What are you doing in New York?" He inquired, easily making conversation.

"Moved here recently. Needed a change in scenery."

"That's awesome! I just got back from Sydney a few months ago." His genuine smile reminded me of a puppy. " I'm Danny, by the way."

"Lucy." I replied, shaking his hand.

The elevator dinged at what I assumed was his floor.

"Well listen Lucy, this is sudden since I just met you but I'd love to take you out for coffee some time of you don't mind?" He pulled his business card out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"Why not." I flashed a smile.

"Cool, well hopefully I will hear from you soon! Goodnight! " he said as he got out and the doors closed behind him. I looked down at the business card he had handed me.

FATALE MAGAZINE
DANIEL GEOFFRY
EDITOR

I exited the elevator at my floor and pulled my phone out, quickly entering Danny's cell phone number into my phone and shooting him a quick text.

This is Lucy, we just met. :) I decided to just go ahead and give him my number to get it over with.

He replied almost instantly, to my surprise. Brunch tomorrow Lucy?

Sounds good! I needed to start dating, I thought to myself.

I'll meet you in the lobby at 10 if that works he messaged me back and it was official, I had a date.

Ill see you then