Chapter 15

I woke up hungover, to my phone ringing. I looked at the screen to find that it was an unknown number. Eh, it can go to voicemail. I was wrong. The unknown caller kept calling until I finally decided to pick up.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Hey Lucy! I hope you're feeling better, you left so abruptly last night." Came a voice I could only identify as Danny. "Are you down for brunch?"

"Um..." I began not being able to put words together in my groggy state. "Yeah that sounds good. Sorry I'm half asleep."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I figured. I'll meet you in the lobby in about an hour?"

"Sounds good" I hung up, my head hurting too much to deal with the guilt of what happened the night before so early in the morning. My phone buzzed from a text message.

I'm coming over - Carson

I angry sighed, kicking my blanket off and climbing out of bed. My mother wasn't home for the weekend and so when I stumbled in drunk last night I didn't have to deal with her questions. I was suppose to spend the night with lily, so I wouldn't be alone but she ended up going home with Chao... Which definitely wasn't my business, my friend could do what(who) she wanted, and I was happy for her.

I took an aspirin and climbed in the shower. Carson couldn't come over if I just didn't let him in, so I just ignored his message. Once I climbed out of the shower I slipped on a pair of ripped light washed boyfriend jeans and a striped tank top, putting my hair into a French braid. The buzzer suddenly rang. Danny was coming up to greet me? How sweet I thought to myself as I ran downstairs. I opened my front door to find Carson, hands in his pockets. I didn't say a word before he made his way inside, not caring to wait for my permission.

"What do you want?" I interrogated him.

"I just wanted to talk" He grinned like the Cheshire Cat and I rolled my eyes.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I glared at him, closing the door and making my way into my kitchen.

His eyes traveled around my house. "About last night."

"What about it?" I furrowed my brows at him. "I don't care that it happened, I'd appreciate it if that stays between us."

Something flashed in his eyes, and he suddenly seemed angry.

"Yeah." He growled at me. "Some people saw us go in there."

"That doesn't mean anything!"

"Just say we were arguing or something. I don't know." He ran his hand through his hair absentmindedly. "You don't have to fucking tell them anything, you know?"

"Okay." I rolled my eyes, avoiding eye contact with him. I sighed. "I need to go... You need to go."

"Why so you can go meet up with David?" He quickly shot at me, anger present. I grabbed my purse and my keys, walking towards the door, Carson's eyes watching my every move as I made my way to leave. I looked back at him, waiting for him to follow me out.

"His name is Daniel." I corrected him.

"I don't care." He annunciated each word, clearly getting his point across.

"Maybe you should leave me alone." I gave him a sickingly sweet smile, which I knew would do nothing but get him worked up even more but yet I still did it.

"Maybe you should learn to keep your pretty mouth shut." He countered, anger visible in his eyes. He clenched his jaw as he looked down at me, his eyes sweeping over my entire body before landing back onto my face.

I laughed in his face, something I was sure to regret. "What are you going to do to me? Do you really expect me to be scared of you?"

"Oh you should be." He smirked. I scowled at him. He pulled away from me, leaving an easy opening for me to get away. "You messed with the wrong guy, so I'm going to have to teach you a lesson."

"You're a little dramatic. You're the one who kissed with me in the first place." I spoke as I walked by him, holding my head high.

"You should know better than to mess with me. Do you know who I am? The things I could do to you?" He growled. What was with this guy? Cocky much?

"I don't care." I said with a matter of fact tone, meeting his glare as I mocked his statement from before.

"You should just go back to your country."

"Oh God, you're insufferable." I moaned dramatically.

The elevator ride down was awkward and full of tension that was soon relieved as soon as the doors opened to reveal the lobby. I immediately took off in the direction of Danny while Carson stormed off, waves of anger oozing out of him.

Danny watched him as he left, a brow raised. "What's wrong with that guy?"

"Ugh don't even get me started."