1 ► drinks

He was certainly an interesting character, the pink haired guy currently sitting at the bar. I raised my eyebrow at him when he wasn't openly staring at my breasts. I recognized him as a regular Mira had pointed out to me since I had just recently begun working in her lavish bar. He had a devilish grin, and his hair was ruffled carelessly; almost as if he had just woken up and walked out the door with it like that. He had a dress suit on, and his two friends had nicer clothing on as well. The darker haired one would look at the pink haired one and shake his head with an amused look on his face. The other guy who was much older with brown hair had his full attention on a beautiful woman with long chocolate colored hair near the back of the bar.

I sighed before walking over to where they sat. I mentally prepared myself to endure the pain I just knew would come with this encounter. I pushed a pleasant smile onto my lips and put a bounce in my step.

"Hello! I'm Lucy, how may I help you fine gentlemen tonight?" I looked between them.

"Hit me with a dark beer, something heavy." The older man grinned. I nodded and turned my attention to the raven haired man.

"Vodka and Orange, if you don't mind." He gave me a smile that would send most girls into a squealing fit. I bite my lip and finally turn my attention to the quiet, obviously carefree man of the group.

"Jager," he says simply, but he gives me a look that makes me pause for a moment. It was as if he was staring through me, or rather, into me. I shake off the moment and go to get their orders. When I return the older man and the darker haired guy are distracted, but the pinked haired man has his full attention on me. His eyes where dark, and his smirk helped him carry his confidence. I tried to pull my eyes away but I couldn't. Dear Mavis, his look by itself had my heart racing like crazy.

"Lucy." He drew out my name after reading it from the tag on my black work shirt, a smile forming on his lips as he said it.

"U-uh, yeah?" I finally squeak. His smug look only grew.

"Do you have a boyfriend by chance, Ms. Breathtaking?" Me? Breathtaking? Please, I was attractive and knew it, but breathtaking...that felt like a bit much.

"No... Why do you want to know?" I respond, regaining some of my scattered composure.

"You just seem...interesting." His response was vague and I resist the sudden urge to roll my eyes.

"Well, thanks I guess. Enjoy your drink, sir," I turn to head to the other end of the counter when his voice stops me.

"The name is Dragneel, Natsu Dragneel." not only have I stopped moving but now I turn to look back at him.

"Should that have impressed me?" I forget that I am at work and I drop my happy persona, this man had spiked my sarcastic impulses. He laughs at my response, a sound that was soothing to my ears, which only served to annoy me more.

"Good, you don't know me already. That should make this even more exciting..." His gaze trailed over me as he spoke and I shook my head before moving to the other end of the counter to tend to other customers. Throughout the evening I would serve the well-dressed trio, who all seemed to be enjoying themselves. But Natsu kept glancing at me, watching me work. As the night drew to an end I inwardly prayed that they would hurry and leave. It was my turn to lock up, and I didn't want to have to kick them out. But when one in the morning rolled around I grabbed the keys and headed over to the group.

"We are officially closed, so you will have to leave," My voice is gentle and the older man and the darker haired one get up.

"See you in the office, Natsu," The darker haired one calls over his shoulder as he walks out the door with his hands in his pockets. I turn my attention to the only other person in the bar besides myself.

"You need to leave..." I sigh and twirl the keys.

"Not yet, I have something to talk to you about," He leans on the bar casually and I looked at him confused.

"What? Hurry up please, for the love of Mavis I want to get home..." I mutter, my legs were a bit achy from the hours I had been on them.

"I feel like I have seen you before, more than once," his gaze meets mine again and I have to forcibly ignore the pick up in my heart's pace.

"Well I kind of live around here so maybe you have just seen me around or something," I shrug, not sure about how to handle the situation occurring before me.

"But I don't think I want to stop seeing you after this," he grins and straightens up.

"You know where I work already, so just feel free to come watch me," I respond sarcastically. This makes him laugh again and I look away from his tall frame.

"I don't think you are catching on to what I am saying Lucy," He leans towards me and I back up slightly.

"You should go..." I look at the door nervously, as if someone might walk in at this very moment.

"I have something to do." I furrow my brow at his harsher tone.

"Well hurry up and do it, I want to get home already!" I nearly whine, my conflicting feelings toward him coming to a head.

"You are quite the challenge.." He mumbles as he grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him before spinning slightly to have my back against the wall beside the bar.

"The hell..! What are you doing?" I exclaim and try to get out from between him and the wall, but he traps me with his arms.

"Damn, I just want to kiss you," his voice lowers and my heart stops momentarily before taking off.

"Look, you're very attractive—I'll admit—and as much as I'd enjoy kissing you that's usually reserved for the end of the second da—" my voice is cut off by a warm pair of lips against mine. When I don't push him away he lowers one hand to my waist and draws me closer to him. I am completely breathless and flustered when he pulls away. He looks me over, amused.

"Wait why did you actually do that?!" I suddenly burst out.

"You're pretty hard to resist, something about you.." he dips his head to my neck, "is captivating my interest.." he kisses my neck before biting softly. I fight my urge to react but my body moves on impulse under his touch.

"What...what makes you think you can keep doing this to me?"

"Well, do you want me to stop?" I feel his smile against my skin, and right then his other hand grabs me from behind and he kisses me rougher than before. I give in to the side of me that revels in excitement and I kiss him back just as rough, because two can play this game.

・・❧・・