Chapter 40

Ally's pov

School was just about start, so I left my car in the parking lot and walked toward the front door.  I saw Demi walk through a different entrance, a smile gracing her face as we made eye contact.  She smiled and took a step forward, but Ariana came over with some other players, catching her attention.

She hugged them and smiled, but then looked back over at me.  I sighed as I went to walk away and leave her with her friends, but she clearly had other plans.

"Ally!" She called out and lightly gripped my wrist, turning me to her.  She took one of my hands in her own, causing us both to smile at each other.  I saw that her friends were watching, but she didn't care.  One of her hands reached up to my face and brushed a stray hair behind my ear.  I grinned as she did, not caring about what others thought.

--------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

I slowly walked toward the entrance of the school, dreading the day. 

"Hi." The familiar voice interrupted my thoughts.  Lauren smiled slightly at me, a grateful smile. 

"Hey." I greeted back, but she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thank you." She whispered in my ear and then pulled away. "I owe you." She gave me a sad smile before turning to walk off. 

I looked in Lauren's direction, seeing Camila smiling at me.  She smiled wider when we made eye contact.  She walked in front of me and caught up with Lauren, joining their arms.

"So, been to any bad parties lately?" She joked with Lauren as she gently hit Camila. "Come on. I'll walk you to history."

I watched as the two girls who owned my heart walked to class arm in arm. 

----------

The next day, as I was shoving some books into my locker, Lauren walked over.

"How's your punching hand?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"A lot better than the other guy's face." I responded. "How are you? How are you feeling?"

"Like an idiot." My eyebrows furrowed at her answer. "You're cool with us being just friends, right? We- we are, um. We're friends, right?"

"We are."

"Okay."

"I'm cool with it." I answered.

"Okay." She said, letting out a breath and looking relieved.

"I wasn't ready for all that Lauren Jauregui/ girlfriend drama, anyway, you know?" I joked. "Say hi to Camila for me, all right?" I said and left after hearing her quiet 'bye'.

------------------------

Ally's pov

I walked through the crowded hallways to get to my next class, avoiding the other students who were pushing passed everyone, and the clingy couples practically sucking each other's faces off.

"Ally!" I heard Demi shout from behind me, and I turned towards her.  She slipped her hand into mine and dragged me in a room.  I bit my lip to hide my smile as she slightly pushed me against the wall, her lips crashing on to mine.  Her hands found my waist as mine traveled to her neck and then her hair.

After a few moments, I tried to stop it, but my lips were still on hers and it came out muffled.  I giggled causing Demi to smile and break the kiss.

"Demi, we can't be doing this right now." I smiled at how we had kissed during school.

"We just did." She grinned.  She tried to lean in for another, but I stopped her. "Fine, I'll kiss you later." She smiled, stole a quick kiss from me, and walked down the hall.  I couldn't contain my giddiness,  and my cheeks started to hurt from all the smiling.

-------------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

The varsity basketball team, myself included, had to sit in the bleachers after practice while Coach talked to us.  Zendaya and I sat next to each other as Ariana and Demi sat a few people away.

"When you leave this gym today..." he started, pausing for effect, "I want each one of you to look at the sun."  He stared me down before moving his gaze to Demi. "Because if you lose to City Cove on Friday, I can pretty much guarantee you that the sun will not rise the next day."

His last statement caused some of us to laugh, but his face turned deadly. "That's not a joke! I've coached some great players and great teams in this gym, but not one of those great players or great teams has finished a season undefeated." He paced back and forth in front of us as his shoes squeaked during each turn. "You... may be the first. There are only two things separating you from greatnes. Number one is Cove City. Number two is you." He pointed at each and every one of us.

----------

The bell rang, and I sprinted out of the gym to hopefully catch up with Camila.  I flung open the door and rushed down the hall, seeing the back of Camila.

"Hey, Camila." I called out, and she turned around, smiling at me. "I got something for you."  I smiled back at her as she accepted the gift.

"I know you do, gorgeous." She said and looked to see what I had placed in her hands, the book I had been telling her about.

"It's the book I was telling you about." I explained when she looked up at me. "I thought you might want to check it out."

"Oh, I definitely want to check it out." She responded, and I raised my eyebrow at her suggestive comment. "I guess I could read the book, too. But what are you gonna do for me?"

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"If I read the book...you do something for me." She had a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Like what?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Something fun. Deal?"

"Okay, deal."

"Should we shake on it or just make out now?" She joked as I laughed and walked away from the cute Cuban, but not before I heard her, "Who knew reading could be so fun?"

A/N hi :)