Chapter Nineteen: The Funeral

================

Three days later.

It was papa's funeral. We decided to bury him in the backyard right next to the maple tree because he proposed to momma there and momma went into labor with me there. It was a sacred place in our family mostly just to papa but now it's where I think about everything me and papa have done together, as a family.

I was in a black lace dress that hit right below my knee and had long lace sleeve. With it I wore a hat with a small black veil in the front. I wore no eye makeup and foundation but I wore a dark plum lip. I curled my hair in wavy style. I stared at myself in the mirror and broke down crying. He is gone. And I didn't even get to say goodbye. In the mirror I saw Matt, Aaron, Marcy, Ryder who was carrying Shawn, Jake and Zach.

"What is Zach doing here?" I ask.

"I'm here to support you."

He walks towards me.

"Get the hell away from me. And never come near my goddamn house again! Marcy!"

"Yes Pearl?" Marcy responds.

"Let's go."

"Pearl..." Zach grabs my arm. I shake it off.

"You hurt me Zach and I never did anything to hurt you. You kissed her and had sex with her multiple times so I'm done. My dad just died and don't want you here."

I walk away and left Zach my old room.

I couldn't stop crying as the priest was spewing on about how Bobby James Burnt found his way to God and was home now. We cremated him the day after the death, Ryder was there with me, holding hand the whole time and now he is here today holding my hand again. On my other side was Jake, he hasn't said a thing today, but expressed how sorry he was yesterday when I told him and asked him to come.

It was now my turn to speak. I walk up next to the small hole in the ground and look down at the wooden box which held the remains of my papa.

"Hello everyone," I looked at Ryder the whole time, "What can I say I lost my best friend, who was always there for me, even when I tried to deny it. He taught me how to ride a bike and drive a car. He told the multiplication trick on my fingers and how to read faster. He taught that it was okay to be myself. Whenever I fell down, he would be right there to pick me up and straighten out my skirt and kiss it better or even put a bandaid on it, especially when I wasn't bleeding." I laugh and look back down at the box. "I'll love you forever and always papa."

I pick up a handful of dirt and throw it in the small hole. My mom comes up and gives me a huge hug.

"That was perfect Pearly."

I smile at her as she picks up a handful of dirt and throws it on the box. She only wanted me to speak because that's what he would have wanted.

After everyone left, I stayed staring at papa's grave. I put daisies on his resting place.

"I love you papa forever and always."

I stand there waiting in the sunlight. Not waiting for love this time, but for papa.

------------------

So short again I know..... I'm sorry but these chapters deserved to by themselves and were very to the point.

So that is the last chapter of Waiting in the Sunlight! YAY!!

Haha so let me know what you loved or hated about it, and you yes you can be rude XD

Love this sad author,

Khrystene

P.S..... there is an epilogue and will be up today!