Chapter 1

It is the first month of school, good. That means I can take a few months off of school... When I go back, I am gonna be a completely different person.

"Please!! Just a few! I will get a home tutor.. And I will also need a personal trainer.." I mumbled the last part. I am in an argument about taking off time from school.

"What?! Why would you need a personal trainer?? And who would be your tutor?? Plus why do you even want to be out of school?!?!" My mom kept firing questions.

"I want to lose weight and a personal trainer would make sure I stick to a plan. I would use the money I saved up to hire a tutor and because of something humiliating that happened at school I need to change my image." I said looking her straight on. He eyes softened from the anger of fighting to sadness when she asked "what happened at school?" I really didn't want to tell her but I think my chances of staying home are greater if I tell her.

"Well I confessed to this boy Braden, who I liked, and he coldly said that I was fat, ugly, nerdy, a good-girl, loner alien who didn't deserve to be in school or the world. And then I said he wouldn't see that fat loner good-girl nerd anymore and he said it just made his world that much better." As soon as I finished the tears that were building up in my eyes finally dropped down. My mom had a look of pity and sympathy on her face.

"Oh Riley! You know none of that is true! He probably just likes you and doesn't know how to show it!" There it is.. The mom kind of pep talk. I guess I should start the bad girl act now.

"He does NOT like me. And I am not going to school until I lose weight. I will get a home tutor and I will pay for them myself. But I will NOT sit here and listen to you tell me that he basically told me to kill myself just because he likes me." I stated. She looked shocked at first. Then her mood changed drastically, she looked... Mad?

"You're right. But there is one thing you are wrong about. You aren't paying for the home tutor, I am." She said. I immediately smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I kept saying repeatedly. She smiled and said "nobody insults my baby and gets away with it."

"WHAT?! BRADEN SAID THAT?!?!?" My twin brother, Matt, yelled. Shit. He was friends with Braden. At least was depending on how much he heard of that. We were really close I just don't hang out with him at school. I was a good girl. Was. Not anymore. But he is kinda one of the bad-boys. He gets in physical fights a lot and is really rebellious. He has red and black hair, a lip ring, and green eyes. I have brown hair, only earrings, and brown eyes. His full name is Matthew Bradley Moore, while my full name is Riley Nicole Moore. But in school I was called Leah, no one bothered to remember my name because I was a loner. I don't think they even know my last name.

"Umm, that depends... How much did you hear?" I said hoping he didn't hear me correctly. He glared at me because he knew what I was doing. He is really protective of me. Well not in school because I never told him my problems. We aren't in any of the same classes so he wouldn't know.

"I have been sitting on the stairs since when you said 'well I confessed...'" He looked pissed. My mom knew he got in a lot of fights so in return to his glaring and pissed off look, she got up and looked at me and said "I guess Braden's 'pretty boy' face will be messed up tomorrow." I understood what she meant and I giggled at that thought. Matt just looked confused and said "what?" I just laughed more. Matt can be really stupid at times.

"Seriously! What did she mean?" He walked over to me and sat next to me on the couch. I looked at the mirror behind me and my eyes were super puffy and I still had unshed tears.

"She meant that you were gonna beat him up. And if you do, that his face won't be as 'pretty' as before." I said and started to wipe the tears away. "I'm gonna go upstairs, look for a tutor and trainer. Have fun with school, I don't have to go for at least 3 months!" With that I ran upstairs. Matt was faster than me and he picked me up right as I got to the top and carried me to his room. He just stared at me for a solid five minutes. I was sitting at the top of his bed, my chin resting on my knees which my arms were hugging. He was sitting at the foot of the bed legs planted on the ground, as if ready to jump up and block the door if I tried to run. He knows me too well.

"So..." He said breaking the silence which I was comfortable in. What I didn't like was the staring. It felt like at school where people would judge me behind my back.

"Before you go and ruin your friendship with him, he's not the only one who thinks that. I mean, everyone thinks it, he just the first to say it to my face. He did go a little too far though." I said, though I regretted it immediately. For a second it looked like his green eyes turned red.

"What do you mean he isn't the only one?!" He said through gritted teeth, trying not to yell. Well he never would have heard of 'Riley' the nerd... Maybe he has heard of Leah though...

"Did you ever hear of Leah? The girl who was a huge nerd, fat, ugly? Does it ring a bell?" I asked hoping he hadn't. Then I could lie and say I was just joking about him not being the only one.

"Yea I heard of her. I heard she is a huge loner with no friends and everyone uses her for answers... Why?" Ouch. I mean I know it's true, but just to know that even my own brother thought that. Well I understand he didn't know it is me.

"Umm, about that, well the people in school didn't consider me cool enough, or human enough, to bother remembering my name..." I said hoping he would catch on without me telling him directly. No such luck. He looked at me confused.

"Yea so?" He said as if motioning for me to explain.

"To them my name was Leah!! I am Leah to them!!" I blurted out and changed positions so my forehead was on my knees and I was looking down. I wanted to cry again. He had a huge shocked expression on his face. It almost made me laugh. Almost.

"You are Leah? The loner nerd?! No! You always said you had a great day at school! You would say that it was so fun!!" He said and I felt guilty. Maybe it would've been better to tell him when it first happened...

"I didn't want you to get involved. You were the cool popular bad boy! I was the loner nerd good-girl. I didn't want you to ruin your reputation for a freak like me." I said crying again. Half because I felt guilty for not telling him and half remembering how different we are.

"It wouldn't ruin my rep! At most it would boost it for beating up all the boys in the 10th grade!! And yelling at the girls!" I kind of giggled at how he looked at it.

"I meant it would ruin your 'rep' for having a sister like me, twin nonetheless." I sighed as I said it. He looked taken back.

"But... You're a fucking awesome sister!! And considering that you were able to handle all that happened to you and still come home and smile... Back to the beginning. I am not friends with Braden anymore. He's a douchebag and he won't have the same 'pretty boy' face tomorrow morning." He said getting up. Wait tomorrow morning?? Where is he going? No! I grabbed his arm and pulled him back in the room. "Damn you're strong... Since when could you pull me backwards?!" He yelled looking impressed.

"I have to take anger out on something.... I just happen to pick up very heavy things and throw them... It works. But don't hurt him! Sure he is a douche but still! Don't let anyone know I'm your sister. I have a plan." I said with an evil smirk. He looked down and realized what I meant.

"Oh I am in! What are we doing?!" He said really excited.

"I will tell you after the three months are up and I am gonna go back to school. Act like nothing happened. Because to them, you don't know me. Got it?" I said looking at him. He nodded in a 'yes' motion. "Good because I am beat! Crying takes a lot out of someone! I'm going to bed. Night!"