Chapter 2

Saturn Girl looked at Brainy with horror in her eyes.

"What are you talking about Brainy? Answer me!", she wanted to know.

"Listen carefully to what I'll say. When the Repticon shot you, it had programmed its weapon especially for your power, telepathy. So, as Lightning Lad was hurt by it, he instantly felt unconscious. The weapon was not programmed for his power, electrical generation and direction, which would otherwise hurt him seriously. Now I don't know if he is going to recover. I'm pretty sure he has serious disturbances in his mind".

"So, it's my fault that he is now in this situation. Because of the shot that was destined for me", said Saturn Girl really upset.

"He is in a coma situation. I have no idea what will happen to him. I hope he's strong, so that he'll be fine soon", Brainy added.

Everyone was really upset. Saturn girl was pale and ready to pass out.

"Saturn Girl, are you all right?", Shrinking Violet asked with concern.

"Could you please leave me alone for a while?", it was the only she could say.

"Yes, of course", Bouncing Boy assured her.

"Imra, leave Brainy to do what he has to", Cosmic Boy said in a try to make her leave from Lightning Lad's head.

"Cosmic Boy, leave her alone. I can't do something right now anyway. He's in a coma and I don't know if he's gonna wake up", Brainy answered.

"Can you please leave now?", Saturn Girl shouted with an unstable voice. She was trying to hold the tears that have suddenly been created.

They all left looking at her with compassion, except for Cosmic Boy that was really envious.

As long as they close the door, she burst into tears.

"Why Garth?", she muttered while she was crying. "Why should you do that? Why did you get in front of me during the attack? You wanted to save me, I know. But why? And now look at you. How will you save yourself? What can I do?"

After a while, Brainy entered the room.

"I need you to leave now, Saturn Girl. I have to make some testaments and try to heel him".

"Brainy...", she started.

"I know. I'll do everything I could. You know that. Besides, Lightning Lad is one of my closest friends, as well as you".

"Thank you Brainy", she said gratefully and walked to the door.

"Where are you going? Cosmic Boy needs you in the Headquarter. We have some news about Repticons".

"Well, I'm going to get some fresh air. I have to think".

"But Cosmic Boy..."

"I don't care. Tell him to replace me with someone else. I have some better things to do right now".

She got out from the room and went to the park. She sat down on a bank. She was feeling a big gap and a strange emotion that was unknown to her by then. She had no mood for anything, as she was very nervous and the incident was rolling over her head all the time.

It was her fault. If she wasn't so careless, Lightning Lad wouldn't be in that situation. He would be fine, probable with her at that moment, telling jokes and teasing her.

"I'm so stupid", she thought. "How couldn't I sense this Repticon? Was I so abstracted? And why Lightning Lad tried to save me?"

She stood up and went into the Legion's main living room. Chameleon Boy and Dream Girl were sitting and talking.

"Saturn Girl!", Cham said with surprise. "Where have you been? We're looking for you. Cosmic Boy was mad that you disobey his rules".

"Didn't Brainy told him to replace me?", she asked.

"He did. But Cosmic Boy couldn't understand why you have left".

"I wanted to get some fresh air and think about some things. I told that to Brainy too".

"Cosmic Boy said that wasn't an excuse for you not to come", Dream Girl said.

"Well, I know better", Saturn Girl replied obviously irritated. "And Cosmic Boy has not the right to tell me all the time what to do. I'm one of the founding members too".

Chameleon Boy and Dream Girl looked at her curiously.

"Saturn Girl, are you OK?", he finally asked her. "You've never called upon that you have founded the legion. You weren't interested in authority issues. Only Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy quarreled about this all the time and you reprimanded them for that".

"That was a mistake. Rokk has a big idea about himself. Garth was right to remind this to Rokk. And I reprimanded him all the time", she was ready to start crying again.

"OK, OK you're right. Relax", Cham tried to calm her down.

Triplicate Girl with Bouncing Boy entered the room. He was telling something to her and she was laughing.

"Saturn Girl!", both of them exclaimed.

Triplicate Girl gave her a hug.

"Where have you been? Are you OK? Why haven't you come? How is Lightning Lad? Will he recover? How do you feel? Why don't you answer to me?"

"Whoa, Luornu, slow down! One question at a time", Bouncing Boy said and closed his eye to Saturn Girl.

"Thanks Chuck", Saturn Girl gave him a weak smile. "So, let's see. I was outside. I wanted some rest and to think about some things. I told Brainy to replace me. I don't know how's Lightning Lad, neither if he's gonna wake up", her voice cracked.

"Oh, no!", Triplicate Girl said. "We are all so worried about him. We want him back".

"I know", Saturn Girl agreed. "It's my fault that he in hospital now, you know that, don't you?"

"Why are you saying that?", Triplicate Girl asked for another time. "You're kidding, right?"

"No. If I wasn't such an idiot and I was more careful, he would be fine now".

"You're not idiot. And Lightning Lad would do everything for you. That's obvious".

"I don't know what you 're talking about. Why should he risk his life for me?"

"Darling, we'll talk about this later", Triplicate girl said. "Without the boys and Dream Girl with us", she whispered.

That momend, Cosmic Boy with Colossal Boy entered the room.

"Well, well, well. What we've got here? Imra decided to come and visit us", he said sarcastically.

"Enough Cosmic Boy", Saturn Girl prepered to defend herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow, that was a big chapter. Anyway, I can sense a little tension between Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy... Let's see what's gonna happen to the next chapter. I will upload when I'll find time. My programm is quite heavy.
I hope you guys liked this chapter! Thanks for reading! Review my story and give it a star if you liked it. See you soon!