Lies!

A girl. Just one fine girl. Really smart, kind, a great friend has told a lie. It was a small lie but turned into bigger ones. It might be her fault for her sadness but I think she's innocent. I her friend. She tells me everything and it is always the truth. So one day she was supposed to come over to my house. She just got done with her sport and I was to come and pick her up from it. It was a beautiful cloudy day. I saw her walking up to her mom and ran over to her and asked her where she was going. She said she had to ask her mom. I came along of course. When we got to the car she didn't ask. Instead she said that she was going to ask her dad that night but instead of that her mom told her dad that she told him if she could go. Now this is confusing but I know her mom is weird. She is trusted my her husband and she just didn't hear that right. Well when my friend got home she was yelled at by her parents. One about coming to my house and the other about why her boyfriend came by the other day. She told them before that she asked the other parent and they were confused. Her dad then got mad at her and got up. She was terrified about what he was gonna do to her. Her dad hates it when she or anyone lies to him and usually takes care of it. He walked to the bathroom and when he got back was holding a belt in his hands. My friend tried to run away but he pulled her by her legs and dragged her down steps letting her hit her head. He threw her against a wall and started hitting her with the belt until she was all bruised up. He made sure Ger bruises were black and purple. He did a good job about that too. She wasn't at school for about a week and a half but her bruises were still there. Her face was a bit pink but she had explained to everyone that she fell down the stairs a couple times and out of trees. It didn't make any sense so I asked her about it. Then she told me the truth. What her dad said the most to her was the words "why can't you always tell us the truth!?" She said she was but told me it was half the truth and that was her punishment. So that's the story. Think she's innocent? I sure do not because shes my friend but because that was horrible. Sad? No. Huh then what is it to you? Horror? I think not..